Thursday, March 10, 2011

Speedy the Cat's Friends Challenge #45(Bleach Technique)


Hi there!

The very talented Colleen Dietrich inspired me to try the Bleach Technique. She recently joined the design team for Mark's Finest Papers. Congrats, Colleen! And ya know what?! I gave this technique my best try!:-) I just simply have no idea if it was done in the right way. I checked out the tutorial Colleen provided over at Splitcoaststampers by Beaute. Whether it was done right or not, it certainly was fun and so simple! Next time I'll know not to pour as much bleach into a container. I think it cleared out my sinuses...lol! Anyways, thanks for taking a peek and adding any comments! Take care and have a wonderful day!

Supplies:

Paper: K&Company, Bazzill
Stamps: Hero Arts(Butterfly), Happy Birthday(PTI)
Emboss Powder: Stampendous(Opaque, detail white)
Ink: Versa Magic(Cloud White)
Pearls, Punch: Martha Stewart
Ribbon: Jo-Ann Fabric
Sakura Pens: Gold, White

5 comments:

  1. Oh very nice job with the bleach! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria! I am so happy you gave this challenge and technique a try. :) I think your card came out beautifully and I love the white embossed variety of images over top. Thanks for the mention of me by name! That was so sweet. Come play with us next week at Speedy's Friends/ Marks Finest Papers, 'kay? I promise: it's easier, and there will be no sinus clearing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous!! Love it!!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my! I love your soft, pretty collage card! The colors are so calming and peaceful...what a fab card! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. An amazing collage card and this technique is gorgeous. You did a fabulous job! I love the contrast of white and the muted colors. Your card turned out gorgeous and elegant; I love that butterfly!

    ReplyDelete