Friday, April 29, 2011

PDCC #79

The lovely inspiration photo.
Hi there!

Happy Friday to you!  So, did ya see the Royal Wedding this morning?  I certainly did.  I wanted to see all the elegance and style make a wonderful show!  I think it went very well!  In the midst of all the bad weather going on, bad ecomony,  and wars, etc., it was a lovely distraction.  I wish for them many happy years together!  Ok...I'll stop gushing here...lol.  My card today is for the challenge over at The Play Date Cafe.  What sweet gorgeous colors they are this week with Sarah Anderson.   I decided to use my new stamps by Hero Arts and do a masculine card.  Masculine cards are difficult for me.  Ya can't be too frilly or too over the top 'cause that's just not a "guy" thing.  So, I tried to make it simple and add some brads.  I also inked the edges with black ink.  I love this Hero Arts set.  It is very versatile.  I'll be using it often for masculine cards.  Thanks for visiting and commenting!  Take care and enjoy your weekend!

Supplies:

Paper:  Bazzill
Stamps:  Hero Arts
Ink"  SU(Black)
Twine:  Really Reasonable Ribbon
Brads:  Hot off the Press
Sakura Pen:  Silver

7 comments:

  1. These colours are a good choice for a masculine card Maria - fun use of the stamps! Thanks for joining in the fun at the Play Date Cafe this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool guy card! The colors really lend towards the masculine I think and your card is super fun! Glad you played with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun, Maria! Such a great, guy card with just the right amount of trimmings! Fantastic grid design, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So true...you can't be too frilly with a guy card, which is why I stink at them! I like adding pearls, punched borders, etc. I like how you have those cars 'driving' around the card! THanks for playing with us this week, Maria, at the Cafe. And yes, I watched part of the wedding...thought the bride looked perfectly lovely. I take offense when people say her gown just wasn't enough!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fab guy card, an inspired take on this weeks challenge! I may give it a go myself tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SUPER FUN! Love the little motorcycle....and I stink at masculine cards too. I think it's because we are "girls". No other way to say it:) I like pink! I like frilly! I don't like simple and plain (which are most of my guy cards! LOL!). I do however love what you've done here! LOTS of stamping and the brad embellies! FUN FUN FUN! Thanks so much for playing along with us and joining in the fun over at the PDCC:}

    ReplyDelete