Saturday, October 1, 2011

Hope

So many pretty colors for inspiration!


Happy Saturday!

I'm back again for one of my favorite challenges at The Shabby Tea Room.  The challenge called for the colors, blue, green, orange, cream, and brown.  And, we were to incorporate chevrons.  An interesting challenge with so many pretty colors!  I will be giving this card to one of my co-workers who is a cancer survivor.  I'm sure all of us know of one person who has been affected by the terrible disease.  My hope and prayer is that we find a cure to this dreadful disease some day! 
 
I had a fun morning crafting at a stamp party with my co-worker.  Another co-worker, who is new to crafting,  joined us also today.  It's always good to have more join the party while crafting to share our thoughts and ideas.  Now I'm in the mood to make more cards!:-))

My card went together fairly easy.  I distressed and inked the edges.  I folded the butterfly in the center for dimension.  I used pumpkin pie ink over the butterfly and paper.  Added lace, seam binding, gems, pearl cotton, and sewing to finish the card.  Off now to see your creations!  Take care and have a wonderful weekend!!:-))

Paper:  Crate Paper, Recollections
Stamp:  SU(Strength & Hope)
Ink:  SU(Chocolate Chip, Crumb, Pumpkin Pie); Ranger (Tea Dye)
Punch:  Martha Stewart
Lace:  American Crafts
Flowers:  Rectollections
Ribbon:  SU(Crumb Cake)
Gems:  Me & My Big Ideas
Pearl Cotton:  Jo-Ann Fabric
Misc:  Sewing, Distress Tool(Ranger)


12 comments:

  1. Beautiful Maria, love that butterfly and your layout is great. TFS
    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the layout and all that texture is scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card Maria! I love the colors and all the layers! Thank You so much for sharing your wonderful card this week at The Shabby Tea Room :-)And this card will brighten up your friends day I'm sure!!! I pray for a cure too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful, Maria! Love the blocked background and the colors you used, and what a fabulous border up the left side. I really like the folded dimension you gave the butterfly, too. SO pretty and such a great take on that inspo. photo.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so fun to see your cards because I can always see the inspiration photo within your creation! This card is so beautiful! I love that paper that you used in the background. Just perfect!
    Maribel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, Maria. The layers coordinate so well together and I love the twine and yellow roses you used to tie it all together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, adore those soft muted colours.
    Thanks for sharing with us at The Shabby Tearoom

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maria, your card turned out so beautiful! I was so annoyed with myself...I could not get a 'chevron' look together that I liked! But this card is gorgeous! Especially the lace and butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! Love the script, the butterfly, the different dps, the lace. Glad you had fun crafting with your co-workers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! I love all the details, the little gems, the butterfly and that seam binding bow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow! How pretty! Love your butterfly and all of the creative detail, including the lace and that bow!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. With a combo of grey and bright colors you turned this card into a card with a soft and elegant look that makes me sigh...wow!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete