Thursday, December 6, 2012

Happy Bday!


Hi Friends!

How are you doing today?  Getting those Christmas
preparations done?  I had to take a break from the
hustle and bustle and sit down to make a birthday
card for a girl I used to work with.  Three of us
girls still work together, but three have since gone
on to other jobs.  The one girl's birthday is on
Monday, and we are all meeting tonight for dinner.
We will have fun seeing each other again and get
caught up on what's going on in our lives.

I was going to make this card fairly simple, but I
kept adding here and there.  I started off with a
Bo Bunny sticker and adhered it to card board
for dimension.  I added the happy bday letter
stickers and gems.  I embossed the poinsettia
and oval circles.  Ribbon, buttons, and pearl
cotton to finish off the card. 

Well, I better scoot here.  Thank you for
dropping by today!  Take care, hugs!

Supplies:

Paper:  Bazzill, DCWV
Stickers:  BoBonny
Dies:  Spellbinder's(Poinsettia), SU(Framelits)
Emboss Folder:  SU(Petals-A-Plenty)
Oval Punch, Scallop Punch:  Fiskars
Gems:  Recollections
Ribbon:  Paper Sweeties
Pearl Cotton, Buttons:  Jo-Ann Fabric


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, Maria! I'm sure the birthday girl will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card for your friend is gorgeous, Maria. I love the colours, papers and fab layout. I hope you enjoy a lovely dinner tonight x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful birthday card! Love all of the different shapes you've used and the dimension is wonderful. I'm sure your girlfriend will love it.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your warm rich colors and the embossing on the leaves are a fabulous touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty Maria!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE that eggplant and aqua color palette! And your embossed poinsettia is scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colour combination is stunning Maria - love the embossing and the Poinsettia die, and the little buttons are a perfect finishing touch.
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty, very festive, and I love the die cut poinsettia!

    ReplyDelete