Sunday, May 12, 2013

Another year older...


Hi Friends!

Are you having a wonderful weekend?  I certainly hope you are!  Happy Mother's Day to you!:-)

I just want to share with you a card I made for a challenge over at the The Shabby Tea Room!  It's been awhile since I entered a card over at one of my favorite challenges.  One of the fun things I like to do is incorporate texture on my card, so I couldn't pass up this challenge.  I think it all went together well with the monochromatic color scheme and added embellishments for a masculine birthday card.

The challenge called for dry embossing and stitching.  I did get carried away and before I knew it I covered up the dry embossing on the cream colored paper.  I just kept adding different patterned papers.  You can see just a tad of the embossing peeking out.  There is stitching around the numbered paper and on the embossed paper, too.  I distressed around the edges and time piece with ink.  Burlap and trims were added for more texture.  Buttons and brads were added for the final touch. 

Whatever you do today to celebrate this special day, I hope it's a great one!  It's a bittersweet day for me since recently my dear sweet Mother passed away only one month ago, but I hold on to precious memories close to my heart!  Here is a photo of my Mother last year celebrating Mother's Day...




On a happier note, my sweet son is here to visit and got me a wonderful basket filled with Bath & Body Works
goodies!:-)  Here is a photo of me and my sweet son...



Sorry for the long post!  Thank you so much for visiting here
today!  Do take care, hugs!

Supplies:

Paper:  Echo Park, Bazzill
Stamp:  Fiskars
Ink:  SU(Soft Suede) Ranger(Tea Dye)
Ribbon:  Paper Studio
Punch:  EK(Circle 2 1/4")
Emboss Folder:  SU(Finial Press)
Twine:  American Crafts
Brad:  Paper Studio
Buttons:  SU

12 comments:

  1. Such a fab collage card, Maria. I love your time piece along with all your lovely texture and distressing.

    Lovely photo's, Maria. Thank you for sharing. When I lost my mom the first year was the hardest with all the anniversaries, birthdays, Christmas etc. It does get easier, and you will always have your wonderful memories.

    Lovely photo of you and your son, too. Hope you enjoy a lovely day! Here in the UK we celebrate Mother's Day in March xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Your cards are always so gorgeous!
    Maribel
    Ilovescrapping

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally textured and lots of wonderful layers. Fabulous card Maria! Nice photo's too....happy mothers day for yesterday:) Thanks for sharing this with us in The Shabby Tea Room !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card. Love the details.
    Lovely photo's, thanks for sharing and happy mother's day to you too.

    Hugs,
    Evie
    Greeting from Indonesia

    ReplyDelete
  5. First, let me say Happy Belated Mother's Day. I know this holiday had to be bittersweet for you but hold on to the happy memories. What a thoughtful gift from your son and the photos are beautiful. I love the card. The texture and layering are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know this day must have been very tough for you, Maria! I'm so happy that you had your wonderful son to see you through it! LOVE that fabulous masculine birthday card! The texture and layers are uh-mazing!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry about your Mom. This was my first without my Mom and it was so sad except for my dear sweet son - just like your's, he cheered me up! LOVE your card and the watch and older and wiser!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry for your loss Maria, that's a lovely picture of your mom.
    Gorgeous card full of texture, and I love the clock image.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Mothers Day! I loved reading your post and your photos of your mom (wonderful tribute) and you with your handsome son! Bringing gifts too? You taught him right Maria!! Your card has me convinced you can do it all - so much texture and absolutely masculine. I hope you had a beautiful day and got lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is so fun, Maria! LOVE all the texture and your sweet, little buttons! And what a great pic of you and your son! I would've loved to get a beautiful basket of Bath and Body Works. Now, you'll be smelling good all the time ;).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I can only imagine how tough Mother's Day was for you this year....Such a sweet son you have! You can never go wrong with B & B!

    Your card is just beautiful! I love all the texture. A perfect masculine card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maria, I love that masculine card and the numbered paper is super. It's perfect for a guy..in every way.

    I know you missed your Mom so much this Mother's Day. I know there are wonderful memories to think on.

    How wonderful to have your handsome son home with you. You both look so happy.

    ReplyDelete