Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Paper Sweeties May Release Day!!!


Hi Friends!

Today is Paper Sweeties Release Day!  I want to share with you a project I made using the new May stamp sets.  They are available for purchase today!  The sweet little bird on the perch is from the stamp set, Sending SpringtimeThe sentiment is from the stamp set, Make Today Beautiful.  And, the shingles were stamped using the rectangle shape from the set, Fun Shapes.  Here is a closer look of the shingles...

 
 
 
Isn't that a pretty pattern?  Lots of cutting and stamping for those shingles, but it was well worth it!   If you look close, you can see little bird eggs in the nest.  I colored them with a copic marker.
 
I started with a wood bird house from Jo-Ann Fabrics and painted it brown.  I used my glue gun to adhere the sentiment, bird, flowers, nest, and Spanish moss.  Seam Binding(Paper Sweeties) was added to finish off my project.  
 
Thank you dear friends for dropping by today to see my project for Paper Sweeties!  Please visit the Paper Sweeties blog to see awesome inspiration from the design team!
 
Take care and have a wonderful day, hugs!
 
Supplies:
 
Paper:  Echo Park
Stamps:  Paper Sweeties:  Fun Shapes-Accessories
               Paper Sweeties:  Sending Springtime(bird)Accessories
               Paper Sweeties:  Make Today Beautiful-Accessories
Ink:  SU(Crumb Cake)
Ribbon:  Paper Sweeties
Nest, Eggs, Flowers, Spanish Moss:  Darice
Blue Flowers, leaves:  Petaloo
Copic Marker:  BG15
Brad:  Recollections
 

9 comments:

  1. You have decorated your little bird house beautifully, Maria. Lots of patience required for your roof, but well worth it. Love your sweet little bird, too x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is gorgeous, Maria! So, so sweet! You know I am a sucker for home decor projects! LOVE how you made the shingles. Wow, wow, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love it! So sweet :) Thanks for sharing.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet - I love birds and bird houses!!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. How clever Maria! I really like how you used one of the Fun Shapes stamps to create your shingles! Darling project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! What an amazing project. This would make a super hostess gift. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I am all over this project. I love birds, bird nests, bird eggs, and birdhouses. :-) You could say I'm a bird lover.
    What a fabulous job you did here. I love it bunches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in LOVE with this GORGEOUS birdhouse! So many GREAT details including the nest! Very creative, Maria!

    ReplyDelete