Saturday, July 13, 2013

Hello Friend...


Hi there!

Are you having a great weekend so far?  I certainly hope that you are!  I just want to share with you a card I made for the challenge over at The Ribbon Reel.  Here is the lovely inspiration photo we were to follow...
 
 
As you can see by the lovely photo, I just couldn't resist playing along.  We were to follow the colors of the photo and use ribbon, lace, twine, and flowers.  The tea pots and tea cup are so pretty!
 
 I used one of my favorite paper lines, which is My Mind's Eye(Sky's the Limit) for the tea cup.  The tea cup stamp is from Waltzing Mouse.  I went a step further and embossed the rim with gold embossing powder.  A white doily and gold doily were placed behind the cup.  I added gold buttons from my stash.  Pearls and flowers were added.  The sweet little tag is from Paper Sweeties from the stamp set Little Wishes.  

Ok friends, I'm going to go out and enjoy some of the lovely sunshine we are having today.  I need to read my book that I started months ago.:-)  If you know any good summer reads, let me know.  I want to take along a couple of good books when we go on vacation soon.  Take care and thank you for stopping by, hugs!

Supplies:

Paper:  My Mind's Eye(Sky's the Limit), MFT, Me&My Big Ideas, Kraft Outlet
Stamps:  Paper Sweeties:  Little Wishes(Sentiments)
               Waltzing Mouse Stamps:  Tea cup
Ink:  SU(Soft Suede)
Ribbon:  White(Jo-Ann Fabric)
                 Blue(Bo Bunny)
Pearls:  Paper Studio
Lace:  Joggles
White Doily:  Martha Stewart
Gold Doily:  Ginger Adams
Twine:  PTI
Flowers:  Martha Stewart
Emboss Powder:  Ranger
Gold Thread:  Jo-Ann Fabric
Buttons:  My Stash

12 comments:

  1. Maria, this is a darling and beautiful card!! I absolutely love the tea cup :) You have created another lovely card.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! This is soooo lovely, Maria. So utterly feminine and pretty! Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend.
    xxx Asha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria,
    Wow! So pretty! Love the teacup and the sweet little detail of embossing the rim!You definitely nailed the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So lovely in blue. I love the soft colours and I also love the tea cup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet teacup and pretty papers, Maria. Love your embellishing with the crochet lace, pearls and roses x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, la, la....loving this card and the wonderful colors. The lace is yummy. Good job following the inspiration piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That teacup is just perfect, Maria, and I just love all your ribbons and trims! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Maria, what a beautiful card! You captured the inspiration pic perfectly! I love that tea cup image and the beautiful flowers.
    Thanks for joining us at TRR this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maria! Wow wow wow! What a yummy mix of patterns and trims - so many gorgeous details! That lace with the pearls... gosh - just gushing here!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maria, that tea cup is devine! Love the vintage feel and all the embellishments! Stunning card! Thanks for joining TRR!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card, love your pretty colours and layout, thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Reel, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete