Monday, July 29, 2013

Vacation...


Hi Friends!

How are you doing?  I'm hoping that you are having a great summer!  We've been away on vacation  to the Virgin Islands and just got home late last night.  I did the usual unpacking, laundry, mail, etc.  I sat down this evening and went through tons of photos.  So, I hope I don't bore you with photo overload. :-)  But, I do want to share with you the beauty of the island of St. Thomas.  So, here we go....

 
There was a lot of walking at the resort.  We walked down many steps to get to the beach and to our favorite restaurant Coco Joe's.  They had the best nachos!  Also, we enjoyed delicious  Caribbean salad with shrimp and homemade dressing...yum!
 


While walking down the many steps, we met some friends along the way...lol!  I wanted to reach out my hand to pretend I was petting the little darlings for the camera, but they quickly came up to me thinking I had some food.  Believe me, I did not feed my friends! lol  Yes, I can still hear my DH laughing about this one!:-)

 

 
This is the little ferry boat that we took across the bay to eat lunch and shop.  The food was just so delicious!  My husband's favorite was chicken roti at this place called Jen's.
 
 


The architecture is gorgeous with beautiful brick buildings.  Many of the stores consisted of hand crafts, jewelry, perfume, tobacco, and liquor, especially rum.  All the shops are duty free.

We took our passports and headed off on a boat to British Virgin Islands one day.  I thank my sweet friend, Sue, for giving us great tips for our vacation in paradise!  Her tip to visit the BVI was the highlight of our vacation!  The BVI are a must see when vacationing in the Caribbean!  The water is so amazing.......



 The rock formations are called The Baths on the island of Virgin Gorda. It was a fun day of hiking, snorkeling and swimming!

 
Photo of my DH snorkeling.
 
 
We also went to the island of Jost Van Dyke.  I just could not believe the beauty of water!  So crystal clear with a gorgeous color of aqua!  And, it is home of the famous Soggy Dollar Bar, home of the original Painkiller drink.  We had one of these drinks and enjoyed the breathtaking view!
 
 
 

 
On our last day of vacation, we ate breakfast at Coco Joe's.  There was a quick shower and we noted a lovely rainbow in the sky.  We thought what a perfect ending to our vacation in paradise!
 
If you've made it this far, thank you so much for viewing our photos of our vacation!  Take care, hugs!


15 comments:

  1. Maria, I was wondering why I had not seen a card from you recently. Wow! Those are some gorgeous photos and I'm sure you had a grand time. Who wouldn't? You're right, the water is so clear and beautiful. Bet you are ready to back. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! Looks like you had a fabulous time. I could definitely do without the iguanas though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful vacation spot, Maria! Thanks for sharing your photos! LOVE the one with you and the iguanas!!! ;) ~Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures Maria - I enjoyed every single one!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you shared the pictures of Paradise! I've never been there & it was wonderful to see it through your eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, what a gorgeous place for some relaxation :) The water is so beautiful and clear. Thanks for sharing with us.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, what paradise! I wanna GO! :)
    Looks and sounds like you guys had a fabulous time. Thanks for sharing all the gorgeous photos. I almost feel like I can touch that water!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing these amazing pictures! You look like you were having a great time! Beautiful water shots...yikes to the iguana's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I felt like I was right there with you! So GLAD you made it to the BVI and the Baths and the Soggy Dollar! Can't believe your dh loves chicken rotis! My dh does too! LOVED all of the FAB photos!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWZER!These photos are amazing, Maria. So beautiful. I have never been to the Carribean...definitely one for the bucket list. And the food sounds divine...a trip to Paradise! Lucky you!
    xxx Asha
    Sunny Summer Crafts











    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh! Sigh. Looks like an AMAZING trip, Maria! I so badly want to take my kiddos to the beach. Some day. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful place... Thanks for sharing this piece of paradise with us at OBW so we can enjoy it too :) Hugs, Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely time you had in my neighboring islands! So happy for you , you were blessed with awesome weather! thanks for sharing it all with us at our beautiful world!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This must have been one AWESOME trip, Maria!! Such a beautiful place and I can't believe how crystal clear the water is!! Thanks for sharing these lovely photo's!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete