Sunday, September 1, 2013

School Days...


Hey Friends!

It's time again for the Paper Sweeties Sketch Inspiration Challenge!  School started last Tuesday here in town.  So I went with a school theme for my card.  School buses will be running and children will be walking to school.  It's time to be aware and keep a special look out for those little ones crossing the streets.:-)

Here is my card for this month's challenge...



I started with a red Bazzill card stock base and layered it with black and more Bazzill from their new Nordic Pines release.  I colored and paper pieced the sweet Sophie image.  Her little outfit, sentiment, and books are from the stamp set So Proud of You.  I popped her up against a MME sticker label.  I used chalk to draw the stars and numbers.  I highlighted the math book and added twine.  Black pearls were added to finish off the card. This card will be going out to my sweet little niece, Sophia.  Below is a photo of Sophia and her brother, Grayson.

There is some very exciting news to tell you about Paper Sweeties!!!  Debbie is now offering Sweet Cuts for the the Sweeties, which are Abigail, Emma, Jake, and Sophie!!! If you love cutting dies instead of snipping with the scissors, you will love this wonderful new addition!  Also, please note that bundle packages are available for 20% savings!:-) Here is a photo of where the cut line will be for the die...


I didn't use the die on the above card, because I am anxiously awaiting for them by mail.  But, you will see it used on my next card for the pre-release on September 13th.  So, please stay tuned!

As stated above, the card was made for my sweet little niece, Sophia.  She lives in Tennessee, so we don't see her or her brother, Grayson too often.  But, they came up last fall for a visit and we had a great time visiting!  Here is the photo...

 
 
Aren't they little CUTIES!!!:-)  Ok, friends, that's all for now.  Thank you so much for dropping by!  Take care, hugs!
 
Supplies:

Paper:  Bazzill(Nordic Pines)
Stamps:  Paper Sweeties:  So Proud of You, Sophie
Ink:  SU(Black)
MME:  Sticker Label
Pearls:  Darice
Twine:  Doodlebug
Copics:  E00, E11, R20, R29, G17, Y04, Y11, Y35

12 comments:

  1. Maria, this card for your niece is so cute. I really like her outfit and the rulers in the bg are perfect.
    Your niece is a beauty and they are both just darling children. It is so hard, I'm sure, not getting to see them often. I am sure they love getting a card from their sweet Aunt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so CUTE! Sophia will LOVE this card made just for her! LOVE the BG paper and the dots and the math!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is just darling Maria! I adore your papers! I love that we both went with Back to School Themes. School starts Tuesday here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute as can be, Maria! I love her sweet tartan outfit! Beautifully stamped, coloured and paper pieced. Such a lovely photo of your niece and nephew, too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply adorable back to school card maria, lovely papers, and such a cute image too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I'd had an aunt who made me cards when I was younger! How sweet is this? I love the chalk stars and numbers...what a perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So stinkin' cute! Love the Paper Sweetie! I'm sure your niece will be thrilled to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww...the little ones are absolutely precious! And your card it just too cute :) Have a wonderful Labor Day, friend. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet, Maria! LOVE the black and red palette, and all your little school-themed bits are fabulous! What a precious pic of the recipient, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maria I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this card!!!! The colors, the sweet outfit she is wearing and the 2+2 = 4 on the bottom! I pinned it so I can try and case it myself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun the Sweeties are getting matching dies! What a great idea, and what an adorable card you made! Love the red and black and LOVE the chalkboard accents. The paper piecing is just fabulous, too. Bet your cutie pie little niece just loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this card! Sophie looks so sweet in her plaid dress! Love the dp, and the real chalk on the black paper!

    ReplyDelete