Friday, April 11, 2014

Happy Birthday!

 
Hi there!
 
TGIF!  How are you today?  I hope you are doing well on this fine Friday afternoon!  I would like to share with you a card I made for the challenge over at Fusion Card Challenge.  I was very inspired by all those pretty blooms.  I love the sketch design, too.  So, I got to work and came up with this card...
 
 
I started with a white card base and die cut the center with a stitched oval die from Lil' Inker Designs.  I placed pretty floral paper from Simples Stories behind the oval cut out.  I die cut several flowers and leaves, which are from PTI, and popped up the centers for dimension.  Metal gold dots were place for interest.  And, ribbon to finish the card. 
 
Ok, now I have a strange request from all you bird lovers out there to help us with our dilemma.  My husband is working midnights right now and is trying his best to get some good sleep.  But, this crazy robin keeps banging into the window.  Someone at work told me that it is mating season for the birds, so they see their reflection in the window thinking that it is another bird.  Well, whatever it is, we cannot seem to stop the "crazy" bird.  Don't get me wrong because you all know I do love birds, but this one is wanting me to get a cat or buy a BB gun...lol.  Seriously, I'm joking!  Anyways, we did put up newspaper to no avail.  I really thought the bird would finally knock itself unconscious by now...hahaha...but nope!:-)  Oh well, if you have any suggestions for me, please let me know!  Thank you so much for viewing my card today!  Take good care!
 
Hugs,
Maria
 
Supplies:
 
Paper:  PTI, Simple Stories
Stamp:  PTI
Ink:  SU-Night of Navy
Dies:  Flowers:  PTI-Bigger Blooms
          Stitched Oval -Lil' Inker Designs
Metal Dots:  Mark Richards
Ribbon:  Jo-Ann Fabric
 



16 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous!! Love the cluster of flowers. Thank you for sharing with Fusion and as far as giving u a solution to ur bird problem... I really have no clue, all I hope is that may the God give the bird some wisdom ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, well done on the sketch and added flowers! We have those same silly Robins, I read if you place black poster board over the window that should help..you are right, it is the "male" robin that sees his reflection... the pecking on the window really is annoying... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an adorably sweet card, Maria! As for the problem with the robin, I have no idea. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful ! I just love the bouquet of flowers! Such pretty colors!
    You would think the robin would have knocked himself out! We have been having a woodpecker on the side of our house in the mornings! Errrrrrrrrrr!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh! Your flowers are so Pretty! Fab card, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful Maria! You rocked that challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maria, wow!!!!
    This card is so striking and elegant! LOVE the color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is beautiful. Like you, I think the designer paper behind that pretty oval is fabulous. A gorgeous creation.

    My sister had a cardinal that used to do that and I think it probably came back and did it the next year. It must have died because it quit, eventually. I wish I had a solution. Maybe you could go online and found out what is going on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great take on the challenge, Maria--love it! Hope that bird gets some sense soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maria, this card is gorgeous--maybe my fav! I just love the rich colors, and the way you clustered the flowers around a negative die cut. Good luck with the robin. We kept squirrels away once by putting a plastic owl out. Or, maybe you could help the poor little guy out by finding him a female robin. ;) Have a great, quiet week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, wow! Your card is so, so cool, Maria! I LOVE your take on that sketch and LOVE the swag of flowers! Just brilliant!
    Sorry to hear about your crazy bird problems. I have no idea how to stop them. I had a friend who had a similar problem with a cardinal.....crazy birds...

    ReplyDelete
  12. You really cracked me up today when I read about your little bird problem...so funny! Love those die cut blooms paired with the stitched oval. Such a pretty card design...very well designed card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Maria! Great take on the challenge. You made it look easy! I think your bird is being territorial because it's spring. He must see his reflection and think that another good looking male has moved into his turf!

    ReplyDelete
  14. beautiful card! Love the all the flowers! Thanks for joining us at fusion :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. FABULOUS layers Maria! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION :)

    ReplyDelete