Sunday, May 10, 2015

Feel better soon...

 
Hi there!
 
Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there!  Hope you have a wonderful day!
I needed a masculine get well card, so I created the above card.  He enjoys fishing and being out on the lake.  I couldn't find my fish stamp, so I thought the lighthouse and waves would do.
 
For my card, I started with a white card base and inked up the lighthouse stamp from Inspired by Stamping.  I needed something behind the lighthouse so I drew a couple of huge rocks.  The waves were made using a punch from EK.  The clouds are from Paper Sweeties(Sending Sweet Thoughts).  The sun is from Stampabilities.  The dots are from Doodlebug.  And, I drew a few birds with a Tombow marker.  Ok, that's all for now!  Take care and enjoy today!
 
Hugs,
Maria

12 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's day!!
    This is a fabulous card ... I love the nautical theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure this card will cheer your friend up Maria - it's great! It looks very dimensional with those waves and I love how the beautiful sun is breaking through from behind the clouds! Perfect for a 'get well' card :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! I love nautical themed cards! Such a cute scene you've created! Hope you have a happy mother's day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So creative--wonderful card, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria, this is the perfect card for him to feel better! I'm sorry it was needed, but am thankful your beautiful heart wanted to cheer him up. I love this theme for him, so maybe the fish was hiding on purpose! This is so soothing and peaceful. The lighthouse is gorgeous and pair so sweetly with the whimsical clouds. I love how you drew the rocks and birdies. Fabulous work, my kind friend! I hope you're enjoying a sparkly happy Mother's Day! :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fantastic nautical scene! I love the layers of waves!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fabulous! Love, love this scene and love the navy and white, and those waves are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you had a wonderful Mothers Day!! I love the creative process of this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous masculine card for "feeling better soon!" I especially love those clouds!

    ReplyDelete