Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Happy Birthday!

Hi there!

I was in the mood for a shabby chic spring card and found this lovely inspiration photo over at City Crafter!  Such gorgeous flowers...so pretty!  The weather here in NW Ohio turned chilly once again.  What a let down since it was wonderful weather last weekend.  It's in the 50's here.  A big change from 80 degree weather!  But, it will turn warmer again for the weekend, so that's a good thing!:-)

Ok, I'm sure you're here to take a peek at my card.  And, without further delay here is my card...

 
I started with a white card base and paired it with light green and lovely paper from Echo Park.  I used an embossing folder from SU and added a border with pearls.  The flower is from Spellbinders and I watched a video on how to make it.  Darsie Bruno does a fabulous job showing how to make this flower!  I watched her video on YouTube.  I'm sure I'll be making this flower again.  Here is a close up of the flower...
 
 
 
I added a button to the center and Maya Road pins behind the flower.  A tag from PTI with sentiment was added to the bow for the final touch.  Thanks so much for dropping by today!  Take care and have a wonderful day!
 
Hugs,
Maria
 
Supplies:
 
Paper:  PTI, Echo Park, Recollections
Stamp:  PTI
Ink:  SU-Certainly Celery
Dies:  Spellbinders-Gerber Daisy
           PTI-tag
Border Punch:  EK
Ribbon, Pearl Cotton:  Jo-Ann Fabric
Pearls:  SU(white), Eye Outlet(green)
Emboss Folder:  SU(spring flowers)
Pins:  May Road
Button:  Fancy Pants

8 comments:

  1. Maria it's always lovely to see you at CCCB. And just like me you focussed on one flower:) Fab job; and the layered flower is a true eye catcher. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card, Maria! I love it! After some very warm and humid days, we are expecting much cooler temps tonight and the next few days. Looking forward to a taste of spring instead of the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous feminine card, Maria--love everything about it! The Maya Road pins are a wonderful element!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria, this is exquisite! Your flower is spectacular, right down to the sweet button center! The embossing is gorgeous and I love your Echo Park paper. :o) The sweet trims and pretty bow complete this so perfectly. What a beauty, sure to be treasured. Happy Fall! (Just kidding! I've been saying that all day!) Have a wonderful night, my friend!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous bloom, fabulous card, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful!! Love that big flower!! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how beautiful! Gorgeous blossom and fabulous layers and details! Love that elegant edging and the embossing, too. And such a sweet way to add the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Maria! Love your focus on just one flower! Thank you very much for joining us at CCCB this week!
    Samra DT

    ReplyDelete