Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Happy Birthday!



Hi Friends!

I hope that you had a great weekend!  We got together with our son at his place with his friend, Bryan, and his family!  We had a cook out with lots of fun and wonderful food.  We played the game Scattergories, which was fun!  I haven't played it in ages.  At times the words came to me and other times I drew a complete blank...hehehe!



Anyways, the above card is for my brother-in-law.  I hope he will like this card.  He loves to fish.  He used to be a charter boat captain on Lake Erie.  And, he was the perfect captain.  He always made it fun for people.  He would have challenges and games and prizes.  He was one of the most requested captains.  He retired last year and now fishes on his own free time.  I'm entering this card over at the The Male Room challenge just under the wire.  The paper is from SU and Paper Studio.  The image is from Inkadinkadoo, which was colored with copics.  And, the twine is from American Crafts.

Well, that's all for now.  Thanks so much for dropping by!  Take care and have a great week!

Hugs,
Maria

14 comments:

  1. Maria, this card is so perfectly tailored to your BIL... he is going to flip over it and be so appreciative of your thoughtfulness. :o) The fish is incredible and I love your twine usage. The background paper is complete perfection for this lovely masculine card. :o) Wonderfully done, my friend! I'm glad you had a blessed weekend and hope you have a happy day today! :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely perfect guy card, Maria! Your coloring is just wonderful! This would work for my BIL, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card for your friend - I'm sure he will be thrilled when he receives this Maria :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally brilliant ... I just know he will love this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you guys had a really wonderful Memorial Day! How fun! I've never played that game before... but I'm sure I would be drawing more blanks than coming up with the right answers! ;)
    LOVE your card, Maria! Seriously, what could be more perfect for your captain BIL? Fabulous fish image and fabulous coloring. Love the brad framework and what you did with the twine at the bottom, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wonderful card for a guy! Love the way you colored the fish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do like this fish themed card and I'm sure your brother-in-law will love it. Great image, super colouring and I do like the way you've used our colours. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that image and your colouring is fab. Thank you for joining us at TMR.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great coloring!!! He is going to love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Always fun to be together with family,glad you enjoyed the weekend. This fish is a perfect guy card Maria......a+ for coloring wow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your BIL will love it. It's a fab card; the stamp and patterned papers are a perfect match and this color palette works great for a masculine card!

    ReplyDelete