Friday, May 22, 2015

Wishing you brighter days...

 
Hi there!
 
I'd like to share with you a card I made for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge.  The theme is trees or nature. 
 
I colored the pretty flower image from Penny Black with my copic markers.  If you are into copic coloring, you will want to see Sandy Allnock's hex coloring chart for copic markers.  It shows the color relationship between markers.  I was using my reds and wanted just one more darker color for contrast, so I looked on her chart that I purchased and found the marker R39 in close relationship of color.  I'm not sure that I would use R05 again, but I went with it this time on my own.  Here are the colors that I used to color the image...
 


Well, that's all for now.  Do you have any big plans for the holiday?  We will be going to a cook out at my son's on Monday.  Whatever you do have fun and stay safe!  And, I thank all those who have served and are serving to help protect our wonderful country!  Thank you for dropping by...take care!

Hugs,
Maria

Supplies:

Paper:  PTI, Carta Bella, SU
Stamp:  Penny Black(flowers)
             PTI(sentiment)
Ink:  Memento-Tuxedo Black
Ribbon:  Jo-Ann Fabric
Punch:  Fiskars
Dots:  Doodlebug
Copics

13 comments:

  1. Oh, beautiful card, Maria, and beautiful coloring! Love the elegant design and color palette here, and your flowers absolutely pop off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning Maria! Those flowers are beautifully coloured and look sensational against the black and white - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Maria--your coloring is fabulous! So glad you entered this beautiful card into our nature/trees challenge at PBSC! Enjoy your weekend. We'll spend one day with hubby's daughter & her family. PS--Wish Cardinals came out West!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful, colorful card, Maria! Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria, this card is exquisite! What a work of art... the colors are spectacular and the design is lovely. The red flowers against black and white backdrop are so striking. You colored them beautifully! This is sure to brighten the heart of someone who is downcast. I hope you enjoy the cookout and the rest of your holiday weekend! Mine will be low-key, as unfortunately my dad is in trying times. :( God is watching over him! Thank you for always giving me so many reasons to smile. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning card! The colors just pop off the dark background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your coloring is gorgeous Maria! Very very pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maria, your flowers are stunning! WOW you did a fabulous job coloring them! Have a happy weekend...we are driving to Seattle Washington for a 3 day volleyball tournament at the U of W...both granddaughters are playing! Then I am staying for 5 days with my BFF and we will do plenty of stamping!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just beautiful Maria.......such an elegant card! The flowers really pop against the black background! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful colouring, that flower is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in awe of your colouring Maria ... This is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, how those flowers pop! This is always such a striking color combo!

    ReplyDelete