Friday, October 20, 2017

Happy Retirement!





Hi, there!

TGIF!  Another beautiful day here in NW Ohio with temps to reach the 70's.  It's been a wonderful fall.  The leaves will turn later this year.  They are just starting to turn, but it will be another couple weeks until we see a full color change.  

Anyways, I have a card to share with you that I made a couple weeks ago for my sister's best friend, Yvonne.  She retired from the post office.  My sis asked me to make a handmade card for her.  I'm entering this card over at Word Art Wednesday.  And, here is the card...


I started with a white card base and paired it with red.  I have Madison dressed in blue and holding the retirement sign.  I'm sure Yvonne won't be seeing tons and tons of mail now that she is retired!  Madison's outfit is from the set Aloha.  The mail box and letters are from the set Sent from my Heart.  The sentiment is from the set Happy Everything.  The bird and tree is from the set Home is where your story begins.  The fence was die cut using Sweet Cuts-Home-Tweet-Home.  And, the banner was die cut using Sweet Cuts-Be Happy.  Twine to finish the card.

Project Supplies:


Thanks so much for dropping by today!  Take care and have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,
Maria

11 comments:

  1. Maria, this is perfect and adorable for the PO retiree!! You are always so clever about adding so many Sweeties stamps and dies to your cards! So much love and attention to details makes for a wonderful card! Have a happy weekend! Heart Hugs, colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special card, Maria! We've had too many warm days this Fall. However, the few crisp ones we've had make me long for the season to take hold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a darling card!!! She is going to love it!!! She should frame this one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this card Maria - it is gorgeous! It is absolutely perfect for your friend who will love it I'm sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madison looks ADORABLE! Thanks SO MUCH for sharing your sweet card with us. I'm SO grateful to have you play along with us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable card, Maria! Bet she will get a kick out of all the envelopes falling out of the mailbox--so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous and appropriate card for a postal worker! Love it! It's a very mild autumn here in England too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, how cute! And what a perfect scene for a retired postal worker!! I absolutely love that banner you made at the top, and the letters spilling out of the mailbox are SO sweet! Really fun card, Maria!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's so cute!! Love those tiny letters! It's not so warm here Maria... I could do with some of your heat!

    ReplyDelete