Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Birthday Wishes!



Hi, Friends!

I'm popping in quick to share with you a birthday card made for my friend, Barb!  I couldn't resist this MFT Color Challenge with the lovely colors.  I'm just getting in under the wire...whew!

And, here is my card...



For my card, I started with a coral card base.  Next, I colored the MFT horizontal cover-up die with copics.  The shaker mix are sequins from Paper Sweeties(Cookie Dough) and clear sequins from  Lilac Lane.  The birthday sentiment and candles are from MFT, also.  Twine to finish the card.

Another view of my card...



It seems as if I haven't posted a card in ages, but it's just been a little over a week.  My husband is on vacation this week.  We are  trying to get caught up on things around the house with cleaning the garage and cleaning my craft room.  It seems as though it's a never ending process.  How do I keep accumulating so many craft items...ha?!  Anyways, a fun lunch with a friend tomorrow and dinner with friends on Thursday, so some happy things to look forward to.

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by today...take care!

Hugs,
Maria

9 comments:

  1. Fun colors and fun candles...this is a great birthday card that I know your friend will love! Have fun and enjoy the vacation at home!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that cover plate & it makes a wonderful shaker! I know your friend is going to be thrilled to have this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun birthday card, Maria! Enjoy your time with friends this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a fun card - gorgeous colours with the super shaker element! Enjoy your week Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maria! I spotted your sweet comment over on Greta's blog about her lovely tag. And, you also said you'd spied the tag over at the challenge. I'm guessing it might be the Snippets Playground which I run? Why not come and play with us? It's a fun challenge with really only the requirement to use one or more snippets (scraps) of card, paper, thread or whatever else you have in your 'bits box'.

    I love your card (and as I allow a little bit of back linking now and then) you could link it into the Playground to play for the tag die set. Or, there's about 10days left to run on the challenge so if you get a chance to make a fresh card then that's fine too. It's just an invitation to join in with us! Too funny as well - I just bought that lovely candles die set as a future prize - (that's just between us though) perfect for snippets of course!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the shaker behind the candles! FAB take on the color challenge! Anyone lucky enough to receive this card will Have a very happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is so cute and sparkly! You did a super job with those colours Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Orange just makes me so darn happy! This is SO fun and SO adorable, Maria! Love the shaker window, and love that row of bright candles!!

    ReplyDelete