Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Thinking of You...


Hi, Friends!

Today is a somber day in remembrance of 9-11.  It also happens to be my niece, Chelsea's birthday.   My thoughts and prayers go out to those who were affected by this terrible tragedy that rocked our country and made changes forever. 

And, now onto a lighter note of a few very simple cards.  I don't usually make CAS cards, but there were many birthdays, anniversaries, etc. this month.  I was lucky to have had a few in my stash already.  But, it's good to stretch and make CAS cards at times, too, especially when I'm inspired by those who make them so well.  You know who you are, my friends!:-)  So, I made a couple anniversary cards to go out to family members.  Also, I needed a get well card to go out to a friend from our church. 

Here are my cards...


For my card, I started with a coral base and added a white die cut panel.  The die for the panel is from Mama Elephant.  The sentiment is from Avery Elle, which was added to a panel from a paper pack from DCWV.  A bow for the finishing touch.

Next up, is my second anniversary card made in the same way except for pearls and two small hearts.  And, here is my card...



My last card is a masculine get well card.  But, it could be used for either gender.  And, here is my card...


The leaves were stamped onto white card stock using a PTI set from Kay Miller(Stylized Autumn).  The sentiment is from SU. 

Well, that's all for now until the weekend when my DT assignments for Paper Sweeties will be due.  Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by today! Take care and have a wonderful day!

Hugs,
Maria

6 comments:

  1. Pretty cards, Maria! It's a good idea to have some on hand when needed in a pinch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A somber day, indeed. Your cards are beautiful, Maria. I love the gold paired with the little floral pattern on your anniversary cards, and the double leaf stamping is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria, your cards are gorgeous! CAS done well is incredibly beautiful, such as these delights! The anniversary cards are stunning with their sweet paper and touch of gold. The stamping on your get well card is spectacular! I love the design and color. Thank you for the sweet inspiration, my friend!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your CAS cards!! Both of these are beautiful Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards, Maria! Even your CAS cards have so many beautiful details! I love the stamped branches with the second generation stamping. Adds such a great sense of depth and dimension to a one-layer design. And your anniversary cards are so elegant and sweet. Love the touches of gold and the pretty floral papers. The scalloped layers are wonderful, too.
    9/11- We will never forget!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful anniversary cards, Maria! But I'm always drawn to leaves & those are just gorgeous! Absolutely love your last card! PS--congrats on another Ohio State win!

    ReplyDelete