Friday, December 9, 2016

25 Days of Christmas with Paper Sweeties!


Hi, Friends!

Yes, let the countdown begin!  We have decided to help you with counting down to Christmas with lots of Christmas inspiration for you!  The Paper Sweeties DT and friends will bring you wonderful projects to spark your creatvity for the holidays!  Grab that hot beverage and enjoy!

December 1st - ALL Designers post for our 1st of the month challenge!
December 2nd: Beth
December 3rd:  Mackie
December 4th:  Debbie + VOSP blog hop
December 5th:  Lisa
December 6th:  Nancy
December 7th:  Julie
December 8th:  Larissa
December 9th:  Maria
December 10th:  Jill
December 11th:  Kathy
December 12th:  Michele Henderson
December 13th:  PLANNER TEAM posts for our regular planner series!
December 14th: Lilian
December 15th: Michelle Balla
December 16th:  Tracey Kelly 
December 17th:  Mynn Kitchen
December 18th:  Lori Hairston
December 19th:  Maryella Wilson - A Stamp Artist Place Shop
                            Lisa Elton
December 20th:  Nancy Penir
December 21st:  Lori Turner
December 22nd: Jinny Newlin
December 23rd:  Amy Tsuruta

I hope you have enjoyed seeing the awesome creations from Paper Sweeties DT!  You will have a chance to see many more wonderful projects from friends after the 15th of the month...enjoy!

Today I am sharing with you my projects.  I started with white card stock and paired up my cards with white card stock and paired it them with Echo Park paper.  I used the holly stamp from the set Holly Days and coordinating die Sweet Cuts-Holly Days.  I die cut the sentiment three times for dimension using Sweet Cuts-Joy.  Here are my first two cards using the same dies and stamps, but different patterned papers...



For the last card, it is basically the same except for the scalloped border and pretty seam binding ribbon from Paper Sweeties(Green Apple).  


Here is a peek at the inside of the card...


I just love the sweet pretty font with hearts on this sentiment.  It is from the stamp set Stand Add-on: Manger!



And, one more project using Merry &Bright patterned paper from Paper Sweeties!



Merry and Bright paper made into a 3 D Christmas tree!  I was shopping at Pat Catan's and saw this idea and just had to make one! Their version of the paper tree was on a burlap canvas, but I wanted to use texture paste and make glittery snow for the background.  I love all the aqua and red against the white!  I die cut snowflakes from the set Sweet Cuts-Merry Little Christmas.  And, I used pom pom stickers to embellish instead of dots.  Here are the instructions...


Instructions:

1.  Cut 2" wide strips of paper, making a total of 14 strips.
2.  Arrange papers and then trim lengths from 3/4" -51/2".
3.  Wrap each strip around a pencil, then glue the paper along the edge and press it firmly to hold the shape.  Slide the paper off of the pencil and arrange it on the canvas.
4.  Hot glue the rolled paper to the canvas to form the tree.
5.  Punch out a square and glue it slightly under the bottom roll of the trunk.
6.  Punch out a small circle, center it and glue it slightly under the 
     top roll. ( I die cut snow flakes from Paper Sweeties-Sweet Cuts-Merry Little Chrismas).
7.  Punch out a large and circle.  Stack them with a foam dot in between and glue them onto the bottom right section of the tree.  (I cut a present from the patterend paper and glued it to the scalloped circle).  
8.  Embellish the circles with a white dot.  (I used red pom pom stickers.)
9.  Wrap the right side of the canvas 3 or 4 times around with bakers twine and tie it in place.

I hope you are inspired to make one!  It is a great way to use up those paper strips of wonderful patterned paper from Paper Sweeties!  Take care and enjoy the hop!

Hugs,
Maria

9 comments:

  1. Love these bright projects - great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cards Maria!! I love that holly! And your tree is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards - love the one with the plaid background paper! Be still my heart ... that rolled patterned paper tree! How clever ... I ADORE it! I love the snowy background and I bet burlap background would be beautiful too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fab cards Maria and your canvas is so clever! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling cards--love those papers & they're perfect with the holly, Maria! The 3D tree canvas is so creative & beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Maria! What an awesome post! Love your cards! Such classic holiday designs with gorgeous papers and some adorable holly! And that tree! Just amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shame on me, just look at all I've been missing! Your clever, beautiful cards are so festive, Maria, lovely all! And look at Debbie's new paper! Gorgeous! And your tree is too, just gorgeous and so clever! I LOVE the texture paste! Hoping your holiday is full of all good things, especially hope your shopping is done. Almost there, just a few more!

    ReplyDelete