I made a fairly simple card for I wanted the die to shine on this thank you card. The die(Spellbinders Die D-Lites) is very intricate and so pretty, don't you think? Many of you may already know how to cut these intricate delicate dies. I certainly have learned the hard way and am still learning! So, I have a little tutorial for you today...
The key is to use the metal shim plate. I purchased mine from MFT, but it is sold other places. Here is a photo of the die placement...
1. Regular base of your Sizzix platform for Big Shot die cutting machine. (I also have the magnetic platform, which I think is too wide since it cuts too deeply leaving it very difficult to get the paper removed from the die. It has cut where it shouldn't.)
2. Acrylic plate over platform.
3. Place the metal shim on platform. Be careful for the edges are sharp.
4. Place the die over the metal shim cut side up.
5. Paper over the die.
5. Acrylic plate over the paper.
And, to get all those little pieces of paper that were cut from the die I use this handy dandy tool.
Thanks so much for dropping by! I hope this gives you inspiration to use those lovely intricate dies! Have a great day!