Thursday, August 12, 2021

Get well soon!



Hello!

It's been awhile since my last post.  Life gets in the way at times.  I've been busy with design team assignments, visiting with in-laws, and the wedding of my great niece Hailey and her husband, Alec.

I jumped on the bandwagon and purchased the new coneflower die from Honey Bee.  Needless, to say, I fell in love immediately with the awesome die!  For the above card I made a get well card for my stash.  And, in my excitement with the die, I forgot to finish it with the middle top part of the flower, ha!  I had already taken the photo and saw it.  I can't tell you how many times that has happened!  Oh well, I think  it'll be just fine as is and I'm sure I'll be making more cards using this fabulous die.  I'm entering this card over at the  The Flower Challenge.

As I mentioned above, my niece Hailey and Alec got married last weekend.  It was a great time celebrating the darling sweet couple's wedding!  They are truly a match made in heaven, so sweet!!


It was such a treat hearing the speeches from Hailey's best friend, Bailey and sister, Julia.  Also, Alec is a triplet and has another brother.  They all gave speeches, so fun!  To top it off, my nephew, Dean, the father of the bride, gave a speech, too!  I don't think I've ever been to a wedding that involved so many speeches, but it was truly enjoyable and filled with laughter!  It was a true joy to get out with family and have a great time!

Well, that's about it for now.  We are doing some yard work today.  We've had some terrible storms here recently.  My sis had a pool party yesterday, but we didn't get in the pool since it rained.  I tell ya the weather has been so unusual with heavy downpours and very high humidity.  We had several limbs break from the trees from the last storm and we noted a huge tree in town that fell on a house.  Anyways, I hope we get relief soon from the humidity, which will be hopefully this weekend.

Ok, thanks so much for taking the time to drop by today!  Take care and have a great day!

Hugs!!
Maria













7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and such lovely couple too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Maria! LOVE the colours of your amazing coneflower die-cut. The splatters give it so much visual texture. Gorgeous colour combination. Congrats to your G-Niece Hailey and her new hubby! LOVELY photo! Thanks for joining us at The Flower Challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a really special family wedding, Maria! They are a darling couple--love her dress & bouquet! The cone flower is so beautiful & I love your white splatters! Hope you get less humidity soon. We've had super hot days again, but at least we don't get high humidity. Today some of the wildfire smoke came into our area, but the air quality didn't get too bad. I'm SO ready for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stunning photo of the happy couple and great to celebrate with family and friends (at last x). Such a beautiful card and so colourful and yes what an amazing coneflower die....I love it x.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about life getting in the way of crafting. I haven't been around much either and I miss everyone. This is a great die and I see why you wanted it. The card is lovely. I can look at a card and think it looks fine and it's not until I post the picture that I realize it's crooked, smudged or something else that is wrong. Your niece is gorgeous and the happiness just shines through. Our storms went straight from here to your neck of the woods. I'm glad you're okay. The deck on your house looks great and what a wonderful place to sit and relax. It looks like you are out in the country with lots of land.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Love that coneflower die, too! I ordered it locally to get it ASAP, but unfortunately, it hasn’t arrived! 😠
    Congrats to your great niece… beautiful couple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a little behind Maria... sorry. Gorgeous card, love the splatters there and I wouldn't have known about the flower. Beautiful photo of the happy couple!

    ReplyDelete