Saturday, January 18, 2014

Happy Birthday!


Hi Friends!

Happy weekend to you!  I'm just popping in quick to share a card with you that I made for a co-worker who recently had a birthday this month.  She loves the color green and being out in nature.  And, she doesn't like anything frilly at all.  Making a card that is not frilly is a bit of a challenge for me.  I thought...hmm...ok...going with the tree dies and snowflakes should be a safe bet.  She said she liked it, so my card making mission was accomplished!  As you can see above, it's a fairly simple card.  I won't go into detail, and you can note the supplies listed below.  I'm entering this card over at the following challenges...

Word Art Wednesday and City Crafter Challenge.

Thanks so much for visiting here today.  I hope you have a great weekend, enjoy! 

Supplies:

Paper:  Kraft Outlet, Basic Grey, SU
Stamp:  PTI
Ink:  SU(Old Olive)
Dies:  Spellbinder's (Trees)
           MFT:  Circle, sentiment strips
Snowflake Punch:  McGill
Candy Dots:  SU
          

20 comments:

  1. Great card, Maria. I enjoy your cards so much and I thank you for joining us in our challenges. It's always a blessing and I appreciate your participation so much.
    God bless you!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. Thank you for dropping by and sharing your inspirational art with us today.
    I pray that bountiful Blessings come your way,
    Blessings
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maria! This is a stunning card and I love how you used three different sized trees. You always make lovely cards, sweet lady. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card... P.s Check out the challenge at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty and woodsy, Maria. I can see how you nature lover co-worker would love this card. You achieved your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect card for someone who love nature.....fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is awesome for someone who loves nature, wonderful birthday card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the perfect card for someone who loves nature.That paper is perfect for a card like this. Great choice! XX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maria this is such a great design, so glad to have a moment to pop in to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How adorable! And perfect for a no-frills, nature-loving girl! I really like the gradated die cut trees! And the snowflakes and brads in the corners are a really fun touch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww your co-worker will love it, its adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. No frills can make it so tough! But I think your approach is oh so stylish. Those little tree diecuts look fantastic! Perfect for a nature-lover :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love this card! I think it's perfect for someone who doesn't love frilly! I love to see a winter themed card that isn't necessarily Christmas. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Perfect winter birthday card, Maria! This would be great for a guy or a girl. thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty - sounds like a perfect card for the recipient!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This turned out beautiful, Maria--even without being frilly! ;) That dp is gorgeous, and the snowflakes were great accents for it. I LOVE the way you staggered the 3 trees and made one of them a different shade of green, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfect non frilly card! Love the snowflake paper!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card for a nature lover, or anyone. A CAS beauty, how thoughtful! Bet your co worker loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a perfect card for your co-worker. She will treasure you taking into account her likes. How many co-workers have cool cardmakers thinking of them?

    ReplyDelete