Tuesday, March 9, 2021

Thinking of you...





Hi, Friends!

How are you on this Tuesday morning?  We are doing well here.  We've even been blessed with some warmer weather.  Up and down for March, but we will take the days with warm sunshine and higher temps!  And, the time change is this weekend, so another hour of daylight!

Also, I'm happy that I haven't had a reaction to the Covid vaccine that I received yesterday.  My arm is just slightly sore.  Usually my arm is quite sore after a flu shot.  Moving my arm around for at least 15 minutes must have helped.  

I made this thinking of you card for a dear friend who is going through a difficult time of cancer.  In fact, she is now on hospice care.  I visited with her yesterday afternoon.  I gave her this card and a red rose.  Her favorite color is red.  She is still fun and fiesty.  I will certainly miss my dear friend!  I'm entering this card over at WordArt Wednesday


I started with a yellow card base and paired it with a panel that was die cut using a Mama Elephant die.  It was then stamped with Psalm 23 stamp from Sweet 'n Sassy.  The frame and flower die cut is from Tutti Designs.  It was water colored using zig markers.  The tag is from PTI and stamped with a sentiment from Sweet 'n Sassy.  The butterflies were made using a punch.

Ok, friends, that's all for now.  Take good care and enjoy your day!  Thanks so much for dropping by!

Hugs!







8 comments:

  1. Such a sad time for your friend (and you) but I'm sure she was happy you were there and made a special beautiful card for her. I love the fonts on the tiny tag with those gorgeous flowers. Your acts of kindness will go with her always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you didn't have a reaction to the vaccination Maria x. What a vibrant, pretty and thoughtful card and I am so sorry to hear the news about your friend...sending hugs x.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad there's nothing else that can be done for your friend. I'm sure it made her feel better to visit with you & get this beautiful card! Hurrah for getting the vaccine! Can't wait until I get my 2nd one next week. Easter with family probably won't work, but at least by the next holiday we should all be fully vaccinated. Now to hope what we got protects against the variants. Showers on the way, so better take Fritz for a walk. Sending hugs, Greta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria, I am so sorry your friend is nearing the end of her life, it sounds like she has accepted it with grace and has kept her same attitude toward life. What a blessing you are to her, not only to visit her, but bring her joy with your beautiful card! I didn't have a reaction either with my first...Next Tuesday might be a different story though! Heart Hugs, Col

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Bright, happy and beautiful card to cheer your friend up in her final times. I'm sure she was thrilled to see you and have this wonderful card Marie.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you were able to visit your friend and take her the rose and beautiful card. I'm sure she feels better just being at home and able to have her family and friends around. Your card for her is so bright and cheerful and sure to have lifted her up. I'm sorry you will be losing your dear friend. Good for you getting your vaccine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear about your friend. Your bright and beautiful card, the red roses and your visit brightened up her day.

    Lucky you your vaccination went well with little side effects. I can only pray I will be just as lucky when it’s my turn. 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you got your vaccine and are okay... I'm hoping my second one doesn't make me ill like the first one... Beautiful card for your friend and I'm sure it will be appreciated. Still not too warm here and it's been very windy... Take care my friend

    ReplyDelete