Monday, May 15, 2023

Happy Birthday!



Hi, Friends!

I hope you all are doing well and had an awesome Mother's Day!  I had a wonderful weekend to celebrate Mother's Day.  My hubby and son spoiled me by taking me out to dinner twice and grilling out, too.  No cooking for me this weekend, how fun!  They also gave me beautiful cards and gift cards.  They are the best!

The above card is for my sister's birthday next month.  I ordered this set from Sunny Studio last year.  A flamingo is standing near the tiki bar waiting for her tropical drink!  My sis loves flamingos.  I colored the sky with distress inks and colored the sand and water with copics.  One year my nephew made a tiki bar to help celebrate my sis's birthday.  We had tons of fun!  



For the inside of the card, I stamped the elephant in a grass skirt and colored it with copics.  How cute is that elephant?!

It was a nice day yesterday except for the wind and chill in the air.  But, my heart was warm and so thankful to go out with son and hubby to a wonderful restaurant!



Ok, thanks so much for dropping by today!  Take care and have an awesome week!

Hugs!







7 comments:

  1. What a sunny happy card, I feel as if I am there in the wonderfully put together scene Maria. A lovely piccie of you and your son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me want to hop on the next plane and hit any beach - or Hawaii! Love your coloring on this Maria and the way you did the sky/sand/background. So much fun both inside and out and I know your sister loved the card. So glad you had a nice Mother's Day too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This tropical birthday card is just a delight for your sister! They don't get much cuter with details like you've added! So glad you had a great mother's day and that's a great photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card made me smile so big. Your sister will get such a big kick out of this card! I know I did. Great picture of you and your handsome son. Sounds like Mother's Day was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing and vibrant birthday card. Your sister will love it. almost as good as the real thing xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was a beautiful Mother's Day for me as well Maria, glad you were spoiled rotten too! I am totally in love with this card you made for your sister! It is such a cute scene and executed brilliantly! I think I can feel the ocean breeze and smell the salt air. LOL Sunny Studio has amazing stamps. I am really loving this one and what you did with it. I'm sure your sister is going to love it as much as I do! Love the photo!!! The air has had a bite to it hasn't it? We get some warm air but the wind definitely has bite to it and is blowing all the time. Summer is coming, right?!!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card for your sister. So cheerful and upbeat, it would brighten anyone's day! Good pictures too!

    ReplyDelete