Monday, April 15, 2024

Hummingbirds and flowers...



Hi, Friends!

It's been awhile since I've been here.  We are still busy with home remodeling.  I did get away and went to a craft retreat last weekend with some friends.  It's always a great time to create and enjoy!  I have a few of my favorite cards to share today.  I got a lot done and made several simple ones with no sentiments.  I'm trying to get smarter that way to have some on hand for any occasion.  I mostly made birthday and thinking of you cards.

As you can see above,  I made a hummingbird card for my sis.  Her birthday isn't until July, but I recently received the new set from Spellbinder's and wanted to color the pretty hummingbirds and flowers.  Inside is a sentiment that says...Happy Birthday to beautiful you.

Next up...


I made my second card using Sweet 'n Sassy stamps and arch die.  A very simple card, but I wanted to use up the background paper that I had.  I thought it would go well with the vase.

And, for my last card...



At the craft retreat, they have a craft store.  How convenient, right?!  So, I saw the lovely hummingbird paper and the Spellbinder stamp/die set went perfectly with it.  The paper is from Mintay(Joy of Life).  I fell in love with their papers!  

Well, I'm not sure when I'll be back again for it may be awhile, but I'll continue to view and comment on your blogs.  We have two more rooms to have carpeting done this week.  On Friday, my craft room will get new carpet.  It's going to be a big job to clear out all my craft items.  I'm hoping for a better organized craft room with some new Ikea furniture.  I'm looking forward to when it's all done!

Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by today!  Take care and have a great week!

Hugs!







5 comments:

  1. What beautiful cards, thanks for taking the time to share them. I am glad you got to go to your craft retreat and that they had a shop. Sound idyllic xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are fabulous, hummingbirds are so beautiful in real life and on your cards! Good luck with the carpeting especially the craft room, big job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you made time to go to the craft retreat and make some cards. Those hummingbirds are all fantastic and so are the papers you used on all of these pretty cards. You will be so happy once all the remodeling is done, so have fun with it and the end result will be worth it. Take care and have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three great cards and the birds have been singing here so this is perfect timing. I can't wait to see your new craft room. Sounds the your home is going to be so fresh and new.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you'll be very happy when everything is done, Maria! Exciting to get your craft room redone! Fun to get away to the retreat and you were certainly productive with these lovely cards! Sending hugs, Greta

    ReplyDelete