Friday, June 5, 2020

Father's Day, Birthday!

Hi, Friends!

How's everyone doing out there?  Trying times, right?  I'm thinking what's next?  I can watch the news at times, but find it difficult to watch it all the way through.  One has to take a break from it.  I have such sadness in my heart for the lives lost from COVID-19.  And, I praise God for those who have made it through. A neighbor recently barely survived...praised God!

Also, my heart aches for the families who have lost their loved ones to injustice.  Yes, black lives do matter!  I am learning more and more what blacks have to go through due to the color of their skin.  I can only imagine what a black mother goes through worrying about her children's safety.  I worry about my son, but I know it is so much more for a black mother.  It is sad...it is unfair.  I can remember my Mom saying that her mother was not kind towards blacks, and she did not want to teach us to be that way.  Kindness goes a long way.  We are each other's keeper.  No one is better than anyone for we all are sinful.  May we learn, may we listen, may we love one another.  Peace and love to you all!  Ok, I'm off my soap box now.  At times, it helps to just get thoughts out when your heart aches.

I'd like to share with you a card I made for my friend's daughter.  She wanted me to make several cards for her Mom and Dad for birthdays, etc.



For my card, I started with a teal card base and used a stencil for the clouds.  The images are from Your Next Stamp.  The sun was made using a punch.  Mike, the father, loves fishing, so I thought he would like this card.  I'm entering this card over at Simon Says and Cardz 4 guys.

Next up, is a birthday card for her Mom, Nancy...


I started with a purple card base, because her favorite color is purple.  The cover plate die is from Pink&Main.  The sentiment is from PTI.  Ribbon and gem to finish the card.

I made a tag for Nancy from me for her birthday to attach to her birthday gift bag.  I made a card for her, too, but haven't taken the photo of it yet.  Anyways, the tag die is from MFT.  And, I just winged it with the pattern for a purple flower.


Ok, that's all I have for now.  It's good to hear the tractors in the field behind our house, because last year the weather didn't allow it...too much rain.  Take good care and have a wonderful weekend!  Thanks so much for dropping by today!

Hugs!!






6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your heartfelt feelings and I so agree with you x.
    The fishing card is fabulous Maria and brought a smile to my face, especially when you showed us the inside x. The purple card is so feminine and the tag is adorable and so very pretty x.
    Interesting about the sound of the tractors and seeing a huge positive from last year....so good to hear x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fishing card for father's day, too cute with all those fish inside. And since purple is my favorite color too, I'm especially fond of the birthday card with the cross-stitched flower! NJ on all and a big AMEN to your thoughts! Respect and kindness should be for ALL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards and tag. Great job customizing them to the recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun fishing card with that cute sentiment reel-y awesome. I love that. The purple card is so pretty and that flower you created is reel-y awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally echo your sentiments... People can be so cruel and ignorant- no wonder I prefer animals. Fabulous cards today... I love that fishing card, it's amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sad time, Maria. Love hearing your neighbor survived Covid! Cases are up here, but many are due to food processing plants where they've increased testing, thank goodness. It is a time for lots of self reflection & opening our hearts & minds. You said it well. I'm just so discouraged with all the misinformation & lies. Can only hope people will open their eyes & think about what is said rather than just accepting what "their side" says. The fishing card is adorable! Beautiful floral coverplate & just love the stitched tag! I'm working on a stitched card right now & am enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete