Sunday, June 7, 2020

Happy Birthday!

Hi, there!

Happy Sunday to you!  It's a perfect day here in NW Ohio.  It will be in the low 70's today...perfect for me.  By Tuesday it will be in the mid 90's...whew.  Yes, I'll enjoy today's weather!

I'm just popping in quick to share with you the birthday card that went along with my friend's tag that was previously posted...



The large flower is from Altenew and the smaller flowers are from PTI.  The scallop squares were made using a SU punch.  The sentiment is from PTI, also.  The scallop panel was made using a die from Mama Elephant.  The leaves were made using a MS punch.

Here is the tag again that goes along with the birthday card...



Also, I'd like to share with you the puzzle that my husband and I put together.  It took us quite awhile working on it here and there for at least a month or maybe even longer.  But, it was fun.  We got excited when we found a piece that we had been looking for that seemed forever.  Anyways, here is the completed puzzle...


It's a 750 piece puzzle that has a shine to it.  The puzzle is called Reflections.  It is a beautiful puzzle with a lovely scene.  The mountains and sky gave us the most trouble.  What a sense of accomplishment it was once it was completed, lol!

Ok, friends.  It's strawberry season here, so we hare going to get those delicious fresh strawberries today...can't wait!  Whatever you have planned for today or this week I hope it's a great one!  Take care!

Hugs!
Maria



7 comments:

  1. First, the puzzle is amazing...I love puzzles too and know how frustrating it can be, at Christmas when I was doing a puzzle, I was sure one piece was missing, well you know it wasn't and it surprised me when it finally fit! ha ha. What an accomplishment to get it done. will you frame it? Your friends card is beautiful, love the purple colors and the die cut leaves! Strawberries? Yumm...we need quite a few more days of sun to get ours here, and today it is cold and rainy! Enjoy your Sunday and your strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your birthday card looks gorgeous in those vivid purple colors and I love the flower images and scalloped borders! Congrats on that puzzle, it's gorgeous and I know it took quite some time to finish! I've been working on a 1000 pc puzzle for a couple weeks or more and am only about 2/3 done with it. It's so difficult I have to walk away from it more than I work on it, but I will finish it one day :) Enjoy this picture-perfect glorious Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, that purple card looks wonderful and the tag just complements it so well. We had a perfect day yesterday too and it was so nice to get out for a bit. Your puzzle produced a gorgeous picture. I've not seen a puzzle with that kind of shine and it is a work of art. I had one on the dining room table and it was causing me stress so I put it away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card! and Wow! That jigsaw looks complicated so well done! I still have one in it's wrapper but I don't seem to be able to put the paintbrush down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful monochromatic card to match your tag. The purple flowers are so beautiful.
    And congratulations on completing the puzzle... all that work, I would want to frame it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous puzzle picture! I've never been good at puzzles, so I'm really impressed you guys finished it! The birthday card is striking & beautiful, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty card and tag, Maria! I bet the puzzle was relaxing to put together.

    ReplyDelete