Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Snow and Happy Birthday!


Hi, Friends!

It's a sunny day here in NW Ohio!  It's great to see the sun and temps above freezing.  I got out to a doctor appointment and sweet hubby took me to lunch.  We see the snow melting some, but still has a way to go after our snow storm that we had last week.  We got about 13 inches of snow.  Hubby worked on the driveway for about three hours.  We hope it's the last of the big snow for the season.  I say one and done, lol!





Well, I do have a card to share with you today.  I recently purchased the beautiful rose die from Honey Bee.  I made a card for my sister's birthday.  I'm entering this card over at The Flower Challenge.  




For my card, I started with a gray card base.  The background was made using Brutus Monroe Shimmer Pearl Mist and Avery Elle White Ink Spray.  The rose die was colored with distress inks.  Lace was adhered with a pearl cotton bow.  The birthday sentiment is from PTI.  It's difficult to see from the photo, but it does have a very pretty shine and it's not as bright as shown in the photo.  

Thanks so much for dropping by today!  Take good care and have a wonderful day!

Hugs!







10 comments:

  1. Beautiful. The artsy background is a fabulous contrast to the bright colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I worried about you when we got 7 plus inches and I knew it was coming your way. You did get hit pretty hard. That's a lotta snow!! This is a lovely card and so different from what you usually make. I love the softness of the flower and the inky sprayed background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely contemporary design, Maria! Love the artsy background and the flower is beautiful.
    Take care,
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful card, love the layers and your background. Thank you for joining us at The Flower Challenge DT Aileen

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pretty layers of the rose look so creative, delicate and so very beautiful. I love your 'snow storm' on the grey card base, which shows off the wonderful rose to perfection Maria. Stay warm and well done DH with the snow clearing x.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! That is a lot of snow, hope it has cleared, at least some. Your rose is so beautiful, I love everything about it.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you got hammered pretty good with the white stuff! Today here in PA it's almost 60 and ppl are walking around without coats on! LOL Your card is beautiful and reminds me of a beautiful bloom caught in an unexpected snow storm! NJ

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! That was one heck of a snowfall! I love your card Maria... The rose is gorgeous and the snow effect looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Maria and I love the rose with the snow splatter effect. So pretty and thanks for playing along with us over at The Flower Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boy you did get snow! Love the rose die & your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete