Sunday, March 25, 2012

Happy Birthday!


Hi Friends!

You know I love a shabby challenge!  So, I played
along this week at the The Shabby Tea Room!  We
were to use the inspiration photo as seen below.  And, a
pennant, flag, or banner displayed on our card.  I used
a banner with twine and cute little buttons.  Dies and
punch for the focal point.  I even dusted off my cricut
machine to incorporate a bird on my card.  I popped
him up on a dimensional.  I distressed edges with vintage
photo ink.  A tiny rose, lace, seam binding,
and pearls to finish off my card.


Also, I used the following sweet design and entered
Here is the sketch we were to follow...

OK, friends!  I have a couple hours before
my Mom and sisters arrive.  I better go and check
on the finishing touches.  I hope to get some great
photos of the birthday party!  Thanks for stopping
by today!  Take care, hugs!!:-))

Supplies: 
Paper:  Crate Paper, Martha Stewart, October Afternoon, Recollections
Stamp:  Verve, Ink:  SU(Crumb Cake), Ranger: (Vintage Photo),
Twine:  We R Memory Keepers, Buttons:  SU, Doily:  Jo-Ann Fabric,
Punch:  EK, Die:  Spellbinder's, Bird:  Cricut(Lovely Floral),
Ribbon:  SU(Very Vanilla), Rose Flower:  Recollections, Lace:  Joggles

19 comments:

  1. Hi Maria I struggled so to make a pennant for this challenge and after loads of attempts chose a banner. your card is fab , love the bird and the bow

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE this card, Maria! That banner with the flower buttons is adorable, and the two die cut ovals are spectacular! This is one of my favs of your cards! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!! ~Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, love how you added the buttons and the bird is so cute.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How elegant! WOW! Great job with all the little details.
    So glad you could play along with us in TSTR this week:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delightfully shabby card, Maria. Love how you mixed those wonderful patterned papers. That bird is adorable. Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches. I'll be watching for those photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! Good luck with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Maria - wow!! What a fabulous card. I love it! The patterned papers are great, the bow is awesome. I had to chuckle that you had to dust off your Cricut - I use mine all the time now that I know how to make it work. Beautiful card lady. Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card, love the way you added the bird! Barb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! Where do I look first....that sweet birdie and pretty banner caught my eye! Love the flower buttons too! Very beautiful, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!!! So many sweet elements!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many details, and oh so pretty! I love the buttons on your banner! Thanks for playing along at TSTR!

    xoxo
    Starr

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maria, your card is just fantastic! You nailed every detail! A very deserving win -- congratulations!

    Also, thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind and generous comments -- I really appreciate it! :)

    I look forward to visiting your blog often - especially now that I've had a chance to "look around" and see how talented you are! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOOHOO!!! Congratulations, Maria!!! This is such a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Miss Marie - I love the buttons in the flags and the color choice is so very pretty. One very pretty card!!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great card. I really like your banner and the buttons. Very pretty card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Parabéns por ser a vencedora!!! Realmente lindo cartão!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is beautiful Maria, love the little bird images, and the sweet colours you used. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love that banner! Really well done on that. Your flowery papers are super, too. I think you did a great job being inspired by that TSTR challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My gosh, you are on a roll these days, Maria! I always love your cards, but lately you are reaching deep into my shabby chic loving little heart! Every card I'm seeing I keep saying to myself that this one is my most favorite yet! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete