Friday, May 1, 2015

Paper Sweeties May Inspiration Challenge #31-'Celebrate Mom'

 
 
Hi there!
 
Happy May to you!  This is my third post for the day, so please scroll down to see my other two posts.  Since it's May 1st, it's time once again for Paper Sweeties Inspiration Challenge!  Beautiful colors with a lovely table setting for inspiration.  The winner of the challenge will be given a $20 gift certificate and an invite to be guest designer for the following month!  And, here is my card...
 

 
For my card, I started with a green card base.  I added an embossed white panel.  The doily border was made using an EK punch.  Polka dot panel with stitching for interest.  A doily placed under the punched circles.  I used Fancy Monograms stamp set to spell out Mom and added a pearl.  Ribbon(Watermelon)  and (Mint) tied with pearl cotton And, a flower added for the finishing touch. 
 
My Mom is no longer with us, but I do have many wonderful memories.  Here is one of my favorite photos of Mom and me out enjoying Mother's Day a few years ago!
 
 
 
 
You will want to follow along with the list below to see what my fellow teammates created...have fun!
 


Debbie Marcinkiewicz – Paper Sweeties <– you are here!
 
 
 Hope to see your creation over at the challenge!  Thank you for dropping by!  Take care!
 
Hugs,
Maria
 
Supplies:
 
Paper:  SU, PTI, MME
Stamp:  Paper Sweeties:  Fancy Monograms
Ink:  SU-Regal Rose
Doily-Paper Studio
Ribbon  Paper Sweeties-Watermelon, Mint
Punch:  EK, SU
Emboss Folder-SU-spring flowers
Pearl Cotton:  Jo-Ann Fabric
Flower:  Ribbon Reel


25 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, Maria! That bow is just gorgeous!!! Your mom looks like she was a real sweetheart. I hope you have a Happy Mother's Day! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, love your sweet with the mint doily and all the frilly details! How beautiful to use those 2 colors of seam binding together! Beautiful pix of you and your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maria the photo of you and your sweet Mother is so precious! Big hugs to you as I know how hard it is to miss our loved ones that have passed. Your card is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous! LOVING the doily!!! And loving that photo of you and your Mom ... I am happy you have those memories of her!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is absolutely beautiful, Maria! LOVE the color combo, and all your layers and details are amazing. I am smitten with all the texture, from the embossing to the die cuts to the fabulous ribbon flower!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a gorgeous card Maria, and the photo of you with your Mum is lovely too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aren't you the busy bee today, Maria?!! Gorgeous card! Hugs to you in remembering you Mom especially as Mother's Day approaches.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A shabby chic beauty that mom is sure to love! Handmade, from the heart treasure - xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card with a beautiful colors!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pretty card! Your dimension is amazing with that bow!! Such a sweet photo of you and your Mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh WOW!!! Your card is so GORGEOUS!!!!
    What a lovely photo of you and your mom. I know you must miss her terribly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, Maria! Love the doily!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maria that is a wonderful photo of you and your mom! Your card with the MOM and the gorgeous bow is wonderful!
    I'm sorry your mom is no longer with you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful memory captured of you and your precious mom! I'm so happy you included it in this post... I'm certain her love continues to guide you. :o) Your card is stunning! I love the doily and lacy edges.. the gorgeous ribbon and heart detailing.. and of course the beautiful 'mom' sentiment! The stitching is a lovely touch. Simply exquisite, my talented friend! Have a blessed evening!

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty Maria and love the photo of you and your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Maria, this is gorgeous! LOVE the soft mint doily you used, and the beautiful ribbon/flower combo, too! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Maria, I just love your beautiful card! Sweet photo of you and your mom...cherish!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loVe your wonderful card. The ribbon element is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
    I lost my Mom 24 years ago. They are always here in our hearts.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    DesignsByDragonfly.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  19. Maria, your card is simply beautiful - LOVE that touch of doily! I lost my mom 8 years ago...we have angels in heaven watching over us! Wonderful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your card is so pretty Maria...love the gorgeous bow and flower. A beautiful photo of you and your mum!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a beautiful picture of you and your Mom...Great memory keepsake to have.

    This is such a PRETTY and ELEGANT card. Awesome job with the inspiration Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful card, full of texture and detail. Love your photo too! Very nice! Loved visiting your blog again. Thanks for the inspiration. Hugs, Gracie / Graciellie Design

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such a sweet picture of you & your mom, Maria. Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your card....the use of the doily and pearls. My mother is no longer with us either....it makes it hard this time of year. But I have "adopted" a wonderful lady as my "mom" and that helps a little. Happy Mother's Day...Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOVE the mint doily and the wonderful seam binding! Such a pretty card!

    ReplyDelete