Monday, November 9, 2015

25 Days of Christmas Tags!

Hi there!

Paper Sweeties was invited by Tracey McNeely, to participate in the 25 Days of Christmas Tags Blog Hop!


I decided to make Christmas ornament tags out of wool felt.  While we were in Amish Country(Berlin, Ohio) a few weeks ago, I purchased some wonderful wool felt.  I wanted them to have a Victorian old style look to them.  And, here they are...



I crocheted the flowers with pearl cotton and die cut the hearts from the set Sweet Cuts-Be Happy.  The hearts were attached to the flowers with a French knot.  The trees and bows are from the set Sweet Cuts-Stitched-Tags#2-mitten/tree.  I sewed two layers of the trees together with a blanket stitch.  Here is the back of one of the tag/ornaments...

 
My sister's birthday is in December, so I plan to give her these as one of her birthday gifts.  I had lots of fun making these and plan to make more!  Please stop by my teammates to see what awesome tags they created!  Have fun! 
 

Julie Tucker-Wolek

Nancy Penir

Mackie Robertson

Maria Patrick

Mynn Kitchen

Angel Johns

Jill Norwood 

 Kathy Schweinfurth


                                                  


Thanks so much for dropping by!

 
Hugs,
Maria

21 comments:

  1. Maria these are just adorable!!!! Love the heart in the center of the crocheted flowers!!! I am sure your sister will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing I was your sister! These are over the top wonderful, Maria! Jumped off the page when I saw them on Tracey's blog! Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omgosh, I love these, Maria! Such beautiful handmade gift tags, and how awesome that they could double as ornaments afterwards! I really love your crocheted flowers. Love the hearts you added, too. SO sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These tags are so cute, Maria! Love the sweet little hearts on them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sooooooooooo cute!! LOVING these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH my goodness, Maria!!! These are SO fabulous! I LOVE that you did stitching AND crocheting--they are perfect! Sending HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! Love love love! I've been crocheting flowers lately and I am loving them attached to these felt tag ornaments. Your crocheting is beautiful....

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are super adorable. When our kids were little I made felt teddy bears to decorate the bottom of the tree. They were adorable and we still put them on the tree every year. Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are just beautiful Maria :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh these are SO cute Maria!! I saw them on Tracey's blog and they were my fave! The crocheted flowers on the felt trees looks just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maria, these are absolutely gorgeous! The crochet work is so beautiful and the stitched outlines are a gorgeous touch. These are such a lovely combination of elegant and whimsical... you create such beautiful things, my dear friend. Thank you for the sweet inspiration. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are darling, Maria! So, SO sweet, and those little hearts... Swoon! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are so sweet ! i just love those little crochet flowers!!! you are a girl of many talents!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maria, these are terrific tags...I spotted them on Tracey's blog and had to let you know how great they are! Your crocheted flowers are wonderful!! Have a great day!! Heart Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Darling! I love the crocheted flowers with the little felt trees, so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Maria, these are beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are amazing with the yummy wool felt and hand crocheted embellishments!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the old fashioned look....very nice :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete
  19. DELIGHTFUL tags / ornaments Maria!!!
    LOVE your felt trees and crochet flowers with the pretty little heart!!!
    THANK YOU for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete