Friday, December 16, 2022

Merry Christmas!








Hi, there!  

Only nine more days until Christmas?  Oh, say it ain't so, lol!  Well, I think I have most things ready for the big day.  I have some more baking to do and a few more gifts to buy.  I've already had two major Christmas celebrations that I've had to prepare for.  So, I can breathe a sigh of relief.  Also, my back had been giving me problems.  I had an MRI on Tuesday.  I saw the doctor on Thursday and he gave me good news of not needing surgery.  He thought it was a possible herniated disc.  But, it's just the usual old age problems of arthritis and stenosis.  Isn't it something getting old?!  Oh, well, what can ya do, but just keep on keeping on.

Ok, anyways on a happier note, I recently purchased a lovely bell and bow die from The Greetery.  I'm entering this card over at NBUS.  



Next up...


Just a simple card with lovely paper from Echo Park.  A twine bow adhered to finish the card.




And, for my last card I used Pretty Pink Posh angels.  Aren't they cute?!  


 Just one more photo I'd like to share...


From left to right...Christina, Lucretia, Donna, Cecilia, and me.


We had lots of fun celebrating Lucretia's birthday!  And, we played Christmas bingo!

Ok, that's all for now.  I'm not sure if I'll post again before Christmas.  If not, I want to wish you all a wonderful blessed Christmas!  Take care!

Hugs!












9 comments:

  1. Wonderful cards Maria. Those papers are lovely especially with the pop of red and your little angels so cute and heavenly. Nice photo of you and your friends enjoying a good time together. Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Peaceful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about old age, but good to hear that all is OK and doesn't require treatment. Your cards are so lovely and full of Christmas spirit. Love the papers and the little angels, they are so cute. Looks like you all had an enjoyable time, so good to be together like this. Happy, Happy Christmas to you and yours Maria.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear you don't need surgery. That's good news at any time. That bell is lovely and made a terrific card. I love that Christmas paper you used on both and the twine bow is so cute. Those little angels are adorable. You have been so busy with celebrations. I enjoy seeing you with your sisters. Great shirt you have on, it's a gorgeous plaid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun post, with three beautiful cards! The photo of you with your friends is the best though! I'm sorry to hear that your back has been giving you troubles. Yes, growing old is not for the faint of heart! Glad you don't have to have surgery and I hope that it can be fixed. I was so happy to see you had visited my blog and I agree, I miss our DRU team. I enjoyed visiting everyone's blogs too. Have the merriest Christmas, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love that Echo Park dsp and the pretty cards you made! Great news that you don't need surgery and I hope your pain vanishes with the upcoming celebration of the season! Wishing you and yours a wonderful Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty cards, and yes the little angels are adorable too! Hope your days calm and you're able to finish the tasks at hand. Thank you for joining at NBUS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cards Maria, I too miss our DRU challenge team! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!! I read about your back problems and it sounds like me, I have a hard time sitting in my creative chair without painful back aches so have been sitting on the floor to create, good thing it is carpeted LOL!! I wish you and your family a safe and blessed Christmas and a very Happy New Year!! The birthday celebration looks like a lot of fun, just the hubby and me this year for Christmas and we have a BIG family, oh well, we will enjoy our quiet times together!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this sweet bell and that gorgeous paper, Marie! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet picture of all the sisters! Glad you had a fun time! You make such good use of printed paper--love your cards!

    ReplyDelete