Friday, March 10, 2023

Happy St. Patrick's Day!






Hi, Friends!

I'm back again with a couple St. Pat's cards.  It's just a week away!  I received a couple St. Pat's cards today and thought I'd better get going and make a couple more before the day arrives.  I'm just a little behind since we got away for a couple days to Amish Country in Berlin, Ohio.  My husband's birthday is Sunday.  I need to get a card done for him, too, but I do have a stamp in mind to create his card.  We did have a great time away and rented a cabin.  It was very peaceful and fun.  A lot of great Amish food and shopping.  It was wonderful meeting up with our son for dinner the one evening, also.  He suggested a new place in Mt. Hope, which was Mrs. Yoder's Kitchen.  The food was very delicious!

Ok, my first card as seen above was quite simple.  It was made using heart punches and Doodlebug paper.  Gold gems and gold string to finish the card.  I'm entering this card over at The Color Hues Challenge.  Also, I'm entering this card over at the Double "D" Challenge.






Next up...



For this card, I used a gnome image from Sugar Peas.  The tag was made using a die from Sunny Studio.  The gold horseshoe was made using a die from Simon Says.  And, the little shamrocks are from PTI.

Some snow here today.  The weatherman forecasted 3-5 inches of snow, but it doesn't look like we are getting much at all.  I am certainly ready for spring!  

Thank you so much for taking the time to drop by!  It's appreciated!  Take care and have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs,










7 comments:

  1. Both creations are so cute and fun, but that little gnome on the tag just makes me smile :) So glad you enjoyed some fun time in the land of the Amish - nothing comes close to their cooking! Happy wearing of the green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maria, thanks for your lovely comment and I am now your latest follower too! Your cards are just lovely! I was just telling a friend that you could make a shamrock out of hearts yesterday - I love your sparkly ones!
    Gorgeous colouring of your gnome and scene setting in your 2nd card!
    Hugs Kate

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always loved that phrase....Top o' the Mornin'. Darling card! As for your gnome card that is darling as well. Thanks for playing along with us at Color Hues and I hope you will be back again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Maria these are both just awesome!! Gosh, wish I had known you were in Berlin ... I'm only 30 minutes away from there ... would have come down and said hello! Next time maybe!
    Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Triple B ... OUR NEW CHALLENGE BLOG which is all about butterflies, birds & blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love both St. Patty's cards Maria, the hearts shamrock is just too pretty, got to love gold and green color combo. Your second card is so cute and so fun. Those tiny shamrocks are adorable as is your little gnome leprechaun. Love how he is holding a horseshoe. Your getaway to the Amish Country sounded fun! Glad you and hubby had a great time, even more so that you met up for a meal with your son. Hubby and I have gotten away to our Amish Country here in Lancaster PA in the past. It is always fun. Been with a few friends as well and oh boy, the food is so yummy! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria both of your St. Patrick's Day cards are so much fun. Love the sentiment of your first card with the sparkly clover leaves and then the sweet gnome on the tag. Both wonderful designs! Thank you so much for sharing with us at the Color Hues!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Paddy cards, we don't have that celebration here in Wales, we have our own St David. As for your break in Amish Country, brought memories of our stay in Ohio with my cousin, and Pennsylvania back in 1974. We were fascinated with everything being so different.

    ReplyDelete