Monday, November 26, 2012

'Just Neutrals'...


'Just Neutrals'
 
 
Hi Friends!
 
I'm hoping that you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving filled
with great food, family, and friends!  We had a perfect
Thanksgiving and had a sweet surprise with my one sister,
husband, and three grandchildren who came later in the
evening.  We enjoyed dessert and visting with them! 
 
Anyways, it's time again for the The Shabby Tea Room
challenge!  I'm guest desginer this month, which is my
final week.  It has been such an honor and pleasure to
be guest designer this month for my favorite challgenge
site!  It has been so much fun!  I have tried my best to
stretch my creativity to the fullest!
 
Here is the inspiration photo we were to follow for this
week...
 
We were to use neutral colors and include ribbon and
a sentiment.  I used sweet little pumpkins and sentiment
from Paper Sweeties!  I placed them on wooden shapes
from Close to My Heart.  I embossed the background
and the center circle.  The large wooden pumpkin
was placed over a foil embossed sticker and lined
with gems.  Burlap, doily gems, pins, and ribbon
for interest.  I also stamped the sweet little pumpkins on
the canvas fringe along the bottom to finish off the card.
 
I hope you play along this week for the 'Just Neutrals'
challenge over at the Shabby Tea Room.  Please note
all the fabulous inspiration from the design team!
We can't wait to see what you create for this challenge...
have fun and take care!
 
Supplies:
 
Paper:  MFT(Natural), Kraft Outlet
Stamps:  Paper Sweeties
Ink:  SU(Crumb Cake), Ranger((Tea Dye)
Arbor Wooden Shapes:  Close to My Heart
Twine:  PTI
Emboss Folder:  SU(Woodgrain)
Burlap, Canvas Fringe:  Canvas Corp.
Foil Embossed Sticker:  Miss Elizabeth's
Heart Pins:  Hobby House
 


16 comments:

  1. A beautiful shabby card Maria....love all the layers and texture, great sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, this is gorgeous. I love the neutral colors, the wooden shapes, and each item you used is delightful. I bought some of the canvas fringe but haven't used it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card, Maria! Love all the diecuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the neutral palette and your wooden details! You are a GREAT guest designer at Shabby Tea Room!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Maria! Love, love all the layers and LOVE the texture you've created with the fabric, doily, gems, and wooden pumpkin! This is uh-mazing!
    You've done such a fabulous job guest designing for the Tea Room this month! I've loved seeing all your beautiful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful layers and textures - so beautiful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your shabby card! Thanks for all the wonderful comments on my blog! I have become a follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw, I was wondering where those sweet little stamped pumpkins came from...Paper Sweeties! They are darling, and I LOVE how you interpreted that inspiration photo, Maria. It's a beautiful card in all those elegant neutrals.

    Glad you had a good Thanksgiving! We all have much to be thankful for, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is really lovely! I love the neutrals and the stamped canvas and that great doily!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous Maria! I love the neutrals, and the wonderful layers, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!

    You have stretched your imagination to it's fullest! This is amazing and so pretty! I love how you have used those sweet little pumpkins! Just darling!

    This card ooozzzeeesssss elegance!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous - really very pretty. I am running a little behind with my blog snooping but what else is new!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful use of the neutral color palette and combining it into a fall themed card. Very creative.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goodness this is Soo Pretty! What a Perfect take on the inspiration pic too! Just Fabulous Maria! 8-)

    Hugs
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful card Maria :0) Love all the layers of neutral elements! Love the depth! It is always exciting to be a Month Long Guest Designer at the Tea Room! Congratulations!!

    Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog!
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love those sweet pumpkins! All your embellishments are wonderful, Maria! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete