Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Make a Wish!


Hi, Friends!

It seems like it's feast or famine for me here on my blog.  But, I've been busy with projects due for next month.  Last weekend was busy with friends and family.  Life in general gets busy at times.

I did manage to get a birthday card made for my friend, Barb.  I purchased an awesome die from Reverse Confetti (Striped Frame Cover Panel), and I'm entering this card over at Happy Little Stampers.  Did I need another die?  Well, ummm...nope, but I love it!  I can see myself using this die a lot.  I'm already thinking of cards for Christmas that I can make with it.  Ok, without further delay here is my card...

For my card I started with a white card base and added the die cut frame from Reverse Confetti.  I water colored the balloon die, which is from Paper Sweeties(Happy Cake Day) with distress oxide ink of worn lipstick.  Twine from SU was added for interest.  The sentiment is from PTI(Birthday Cheer) and embossed.  PTI rhinestones to finish the card.

I thought I'd add a photo of two little sweet birds that I saw on my deck a few days ago...


I'm not sure, but possibly the momma bird is to the left and the baby bird to the right.  Before I knew it, the momma bird flew next to the baby bird.  I was able to snap a photo while looking out my kitchen window.  I just love watching the birds that come into the yard!  And, here is the momma bird sitting right next to the baby bird...


And, they seemed to listen very well when I told them to look at the camera...lol!  Ok, well that's all I have for now.  Take care and have a wonderful rest of the week!  Thanks so much for dropping by!

Hugs,
Maria

9 comments:

  1. Fun seeing the sweet little birds--clearly enjoying your deck railing! Love pink & black--great card, Maria! I love the look of your watercolored balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card, Maria! I believe you can never have too many dies (love them). Love the sweet photos of the birdies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card and sweet photos of the birdies, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those little birds too...so sweet and so cute! I adore watching the hummingbirds flying by...if you can spot them, those little guys are FAST! wonderful card, Maria, I can see why you like that die...looking forward to more creations using it! I know about busy life...I am leaving on Friday and won't return until the 14th of August, so I will be missing in action! Going on a Mediterranean Cruise!! Heart Hugs, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think there is always room for one more die! LOL! Pretty card! LOVE the pink and black! And how you got the birdies to look at the camera is FABULOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those birds are adorable! Super card and I have a ton of dies I "really needed" Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this happy card with the great colour combo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute card! I love the large sentiment, the stripes and all the dramatic black card... Really makes the colorful die cut pop!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can definitely see you getting a ton of use from that cool stripe cover plate die. Such a cute card! And what sweet birds! Love that photo of them snuggling!

    ReplyDelete