Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Dies R Us Challenge-August 1, 2017(Summertime)




Hi, Friends!

It's time once again for the Dies R Us Challenge!  The theme is summertime.  Soon summer will be over and the little ones will be back to school.  But, we still have time to enjoy the rest of summer! I couldn't resist inking up the pineapple stamp from Lawn Fawn for a tropical card.  The smiley face with sun glasses is just too cute!  A friend of mine recently went to Hawaii for her nephew's wedding.  I should have hid in her suit case and traveled with her!:-)  How wonderful it would be to have a wedding in Hawaii!

And, here is my card...



For my card I started with a white base and used the Lawn Fawn Puffy Cloud Borders to make the clouds.  The ink for the sky is Tim Holtz Distress Oxide-Broken China.  The sun is from Paper Sweeties(Island Time).  The waves were also made using the Lawn Fawn Puffy Cloud Borders.  The pineapple and sentiment is from Lawn Fawn.  The leaves were die cut using Cheery Lynn Designs-Tropical Leaves.  The flowers were die cut using TE Bloomers 2. Dots from Doodlebug and twine from SU to finish my tropical card.

 All dies that were used for my card with links are listed below.  I hope you create a summertime project and join us for the challenge!



 There are so many choices at Dies R Us store!  And, new items are added all the time!  I'd love to see your project in the challenge...happy creating!

Would you like more inspiration?  Check out some amazing creations from my talented teammates!      
                                                                            
Dies R Us Team Members
Theme:  Summertime
Barbara
Maria--that's me
Kathy
Diane
Joann



Thanks so much for visiting here today!  Have a great day!

Hugs,
Maria

9 comments:

  1. Oh what a great summery card, Maria! The pineapple with sunglasses is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aloha! Great card, full of sunshine and dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love your pretty and happy card (that smiling pineapple is just the cutest!) A fabulous summertime card! Have a great August!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet,fun, happy card,Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW what a fabulous summertime scene you have created! I can almost feel that warm tropical breezes just looking at this fun card! Well done! Thanks for awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria, I love the clouds you created, and your fabulous combination of stamping and dies. Wonderful layering to create a summertime scene.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your fun summertime scene!Love the pineapple with sun glasses:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous card!! I love the mix of elements and you have used them perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I loooove it! What an adorable beach scene! Totally grinning over that pineapple in sunglasses!

    ReplyDelete