Monday, October 8, 2018

World Card Making Day!

Hi, Friends!

First of all, I'd like to give a big thank you to Loll(Stamping with Loll), who updated my blog and gave me a wonderful new blog design!  I'm so happy that it is done since I have struggled with it myself for years.  Loll was very patient with me and so very helpful!  I just can't thank you enough, Loll...thank you!!!

Over the weekend, my friend Nancy and I had a great time at a craft crop on World Card Making Day!  Lots of laughs and good food with several friends!  I made a few fall cards and Christmas cards, but at this time I'll share with you a few fall cards and a card I made for my great nephew, Jax.

First up, is a fall thinking of you card with leaves that were die cut using leaf dies from Nancy.  The sentiment is from a retired Paper Sweeties set.  Dots to finish the card.  I made several of these for my stash.



Next is a Halloween card.  The pumpkin is a die from Nancy, also.  The sentiment and die cut for the border is from MFT.  Gems and twine to finish the card.


And, for my last card for my great nephew, Jax.  The set is from MFT.  I colored the image with copics.  I added Nuvo drops for the stars.  Distress ink was used to make the sky.  I did change the image using Jake's head from Paper Sweeties because the image from MFT had a girl image.  I wrote in Jax's name on the belt.  Twine and dots to finish the card.

I'm excited that I will see Jax soon for a trip to Arizona.  It's been a couple years since we've seen him.  My son and I are making the trip.  Unfortunately, my husband can't get away from work at this time.  But, I'm sure we will make another trip when he's able to go, too.



Well, I thank you so much for dropping by today!  Take care and have an awesome week!  Hugs!








7 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE your new header & signature, Maria! So wonderful to have someone with Loll's talent to help those of us without the computer skills! Sounds like a great way to spend WCMD & boy were you productive! You should enter all of these at SSS for a chance at the $100 gc. Love the autumn leaves & adorable Halloween card, but wow--the card for your nephew is so creative & perfect for a kiddo! Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely new look to your blog!! And what terrific cards Maria... Your nephew is going to love hs card and seeing you soon too! Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all three cards! The fall card is so striking with the orange leaves and pretty background. So pretty colors on the Halloween card and that super hero boy is adorable. Love the city scene you created. Your blog header looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so cute. The flowers are gorgeous fall colors on that pretty paper. The purple gem eyes and teeth on the pumpkin really dressed him up for Halloween and made him sparkle. Jax will love this personal card made just for him. Loll is the best. She did my header too and fixed a few things on my blog and shared some tips for me. I love the pretty flowers you chose for your header.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great new blog design, Maria! Love the crisp fresh white and the header is so pretty. And what adorable cards! You know I am loving that Halloween design. ;) And the fall leaves are fabulous. And seriously.... how brilliant to change out the head on your superman image! Genius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so happy you love your new look Maria!! It was great working with you!

    Three awesome cards. Love the sweet die-cut leaves with that pretty patterned paper in the background. Your Halloween card is awesome. Love that pop of purple with the orange pumpkin --- great combination of colours! And the card for Jax is ADORABLE!! How cool that you could personalize it for him. He's going to LOVE IT! xx

    ReplyDelete