Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Happy Birthday!


Hi, there!

I'm just popping in quick to share with you a card I made for my niece, Ashlee.  She loves mermaids, so a mermaid birthday will be on the way to her soon.  I'm entering this card over at Word Art Wednesday

For my card, I started with a white card base and paired it with two blue panels.  The white panel was embossed with a Darice folder.  The mermaid image is from Stampabilities, which was inked with distress broken china ink and SU Island Indigo.  The leaf images are from Sweet 'n Sassy and were inked and spritzed with water.  I used broken china distress ink and brushed the ink on for the background.  The waves were made using a punch.  Stickles added to the mermaid tail for glitter and shine.  The sentiment is from PTI.  Pearls and ribbon added to finish the birthday card.

It's a busy week here for me, but I managed to do a card this evening.  I have one more birthday card this month to do for a great nephew.

Well, that's all for now.  I thank you very much for dropping by today!  Take care and have a wonderful week!

Hugs,
Maria

6 comments:

  1. She is going to love this card! I love all of the pretty blues!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a fun card, Maria! I know she's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well she's really going to love your card... You really captured the underwater look perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an absolutely adorable underwater mermaid scene, Maria! Such a creative way to create seaweed with that leaf image, and I adore the detail you added to your mermaid. Fabulous use of the Distress ink. Looks just like water. Your niece is going to love this!

    ReplyDelete