Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Christmas in July!


Hi, Friends!

It has been a busy week with posting projects, but I couldn't let this challenge go by without entering it before I leave on vacation.  Lori  is hosting a Visions of Sugarplums Challenge in July....how fun!!!  And, so I decided to join the challenge on her blog here...Lori Hairston (Chouxchoux Paper Art).

I already had the background panel done yesterday while I was playing with Glitz glitter gel from Gina K.  It's a very messy process, but well worth the results. 


I first started with the panel  onto water color paper by using a Gina K stencil.  I applied the gold glitter gel and let it dry overnight.  I added drops of the gel here and there for interest.   It was my first attempt with the glitter gel and more practice is needed, but I love it!  It gives great dimension  and a lovely shine!  The angels and banner are from Pretty Pink Posh.  They were water colored using zig markers.  Wink of Stella was added to the angels and banner.  Gold elastic string was added for the final touch.


Another view of the card...


My first Christmas card done...yeah!  And, many more to go, lol!  Thanks so much for dropping by today!  Take care!

Hugs!






13 comments:

  1. What a pretty first Christmas card you've done for this year. The glitter is stunning and adds great texture too. Super cute angels and love the vibrant pink. Such a beautiful card and those angels are adorable x.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww this is adorable Maria! I love the sweet angels and fabulous sparkly background! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
    Tammy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Christmas card is adorable! Love those sweet angels, pretty hot pink banner and the oh, so glittery background frame. Thank you for linking to my Visions of Sugarplums challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this so, so much, Maria! It is so fun seeing you use the TOW Glitter Gel, and I absolutely adore what you've done. The pretty framing around the edge really sets off those cutie pie angels. This has all the holiday sparkle and glam! Adore!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my how totally adorable, the glitter is wonderful especially for a Christmas card and the glorious little angels all in pink with the banner... just too sweet for words. Thank you for stopping by my blog and taking time to leave a kind comment, much appreciated. Have a good vacation x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Maria, love this and all the sparkle...am following you now...hugs...
    [aussie aNNie blog] ♥ ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your glittery BG is FABULOUS and I Love how you colored the angels and banner! Have FUN on your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a beauty! Christmas in July is not for me but I love your card Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those sweet little angels are adorable and the shine is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those angels are beyond adorable & your coloring is fabulous, Maria! The glitter gel makes such a statement--love it! Have a wonderful vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling Christmas card, Maria! It really reflects the look of the inspiration! I love your glittery gel that frames out the card, and those angels are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete