Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Happy Birthday!


Hi, there!

I didn't think I'd be away this long for nearly a week and a half, but a couple weeks ago that week was full of postings.  I thought I'd give you a break, lol!  I know with design team assignments it seems there are many postings at once.  And, to add a hop, too, it was a lot for that week.  Anyways, I'm working on birthday cards for next month.  I have made some stamp/die purchases recently and have a card to share with you that I made for my friend, Karen.  I'm entering this card over at NBUS.


I love MFT and all the images are from MFT.  The new stamp set is called Sunflower Sweetheart.  I adore the sweet girl image holding the sunflower, so cute!  The stencil for the clouds are from Pretty Pink Posh.  And, the gems are from Pink & Main.



For the inside of the card, the bird and first sentiment is from MFT.  The sun is from Paper Sweeties.  And, the second sentiment is from Clearly Besotted.

Well, during this stay-at-home time, I have been doing the usual of making and sending cards.  Also, I have been trying some new recipes.  What have you been up to? 

The photo below shows a chocolate banana cream pie that I made just the other day.  It is so yummy!  The recipe called for vanilla pudding, but I think next time I'll try banana pudding.  It got double coconut and it's a good thing that I toasted enough, lol.  Because while I was making it, I forgot to add the whip cream.  I put the coconut on top of the pudding.  The hubby was in the kitchen and I was talking to him.  I don't know about you, but I get easily distracted when I'm cooking and baking in the kitchen.  Usually I say everybody outta my kitchen, lol!  But, it was an easy fix and so so yummy!



Ok, friends that's all for now!  You take good care and thank you so much for dropping by today!

Hugs!






7 comments:

  1. Yikes, Maria, now I forgot all about your sweet card and have to scroll back up when I'm done drooling over that delicious looking pie! Who could be mad at you for making a mistake that meant MORE coconut was added, lol! Your crust is awesome, BTW! I totally understand about being squirreled! Kevin and I are both hopeless now when it comes to that and whoever is cooking, the other one has to stay out of the kitchen or mistakes happen!

    Your card just beams sunshine right out into my Playhouse! Your summer scene is the epitome of sunshine and cheer and both outside and inside are pure delight! Karen will love it!! Take care and keep safe and thank you for sharing at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a completely sweet and adorable birthday card with that cute image and the bright sunshine! That pie looks pretty yummy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute card this is. I love her holding her flower and that sweet little bird. The pie looks yummy and sounds wonderful. I've been cooking way more than I wanted to but I am eating well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky hubby to get some yummy pie! I finally got flour, but guess my motivation to bake was gone by then. However, I had to use up some bananas too ripe for our liking, so made a small batch of delicious banana choc chip muffins. Now I wish I had more bananas--haha! Adorable card with perfect coloring, Maria! I really love those clouds--not the usual!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card! I can't help but smile looking at this... Then your delicious looking pie! I'm lactose intolerant so can't have anything like this boohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that pie looks yummy... goes well with that sweet scene card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorably cute card, Maria! Now, I could go for some of that pie!

    ReplyDelete