Thursday, April 9, 2020

Thinking of you...


Hi, there!

I hope you all are doing well!  I've been busy with finishing Easter cards and making a few thinking of you cards.  Also, I sewed a couple masks for my husband and me.  I couldn't even remember how to wind a bobbin, lol!  Thank goodness for the internet!  I asked my son, who has asthma, if he wanted one, too.  I told him he needs to be very careful when going out and to wash his hands.  The Mom/nurse in me telling him what to do.  All I can do is pray for all to stay safe and well!

I'm entering the flower card that I made for my friend, Karen, over at The Flower Challenge. She had a scare with her sister, Karla, who had pneumonia.  She was hoping that is wasn't the coronovirus.  I am happy to say that it wasn't and Karla is feeling much better.  I sent her and her sis a thinking of you card.  I forgot to take a photo of the one for her sister, but I have Karen's as seen below.




I started with dark green card stock.  It's a very pretty green from Lawn Fawn called "rainforest".  Karen loves the color green, so I wanted lots of green on the card.  The flower image is from MFT.  I water colored the flowers using zig markers.  The sentiment is retired from Paper Sweeties.

I took a photo of Sheila snuggled in her bed while I was crafting away.  It's just so cute how she likes to arrange the blanket to get it just right!



Thanks so much for dropping by today!  Take good care and stay safe!

Hugs!







13 comments:

  1. Your card is so pretty with those colorful flowers and will be a delightful treat for the recipients! Great coloring on the blooms too! I used to have 2 chihuahuas and a mini dachshund and they all wadded up their blankets to their own liking like your adorable Sheila does. She's beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! I LOVE your coloring and how happy the card is! Scary to worry if you have it when you have pneumonia which is also awful! And YES, yell at your son to be careful! Sheila is so SWEET, too! Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doing the mom thing is so needed right now and I hope he listens. My granddaughter has asthma too and she is staying in. Your friend will be happy with this lovely spring card and I'm so happy Karla is doing well. That is scary. Sheila does the same thing with her blanket that Molly did, just pushes and pulls till it's just right. Then she ended up laying on lumps and folds! Sheila looks like "Where's my card"? Have a safe and happy Easter, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card! I LOVE the zig watercolor look, and the flowers are so, so pretty. Definitely a perfect sentiment for what we are all going through right now, too. There's nothing like happy mail to put a smile on your face.
    I'm so glad that you all are doing well, and staying safe! I don't blame you for the mom feels... doesn't matter how old our kids get, we will always worry about them. :D
    Hope you have a blessed Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card, Maria! I have a sewing machine that I haven't used in years and I don't remember how to rewind a bobbin either! lol My son's girlfriend made us some masks and I have another friend who is sending me a couple. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty card, Maria! Your coloring is fabulous!! I'm so glad your friend's sister is doing well and I hope your son stays well, too! Thank you for sharing Sheila's photo ~ so cute! Nellie does the same thing with her blanket! Take care and stay safe! Happy Easter! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card, Maria and I love the shading and depth of colour on the flowers.How enterprising to make your own masks - I wouldn't know where to start so I just try not to go out. Strange times!
    Hope you are keeping well and I wish you a very Happy Easter.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh that must have been very scary for your friend... So happy to hear all is well. Love your stunning card... your flowers are gorgeous, and love the photo of your sweet little girl... bless!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card looks amazing and I so love the combination of vibrant colours x. I hope you and your family stay well and safe and wear the masks you've made....Adorable photo of Sheila x.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card...nice layout and I love the coloring on the flowers. Cute pup!

    Creative Heart Designs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful creation Maria, I would never have thought to highlight a flower by making the others closer in colour to the leaves. Its a stunning clever look. Well done. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

    ReplyDelete
  12. how gorgeous...love the look.
    Thanks for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marisela Delgado said: Gorgeous card! My beagle named Monster (that's what kind of puppy he was) did the exact same thing as Sheila. So cute. I miss my little boy. 🐕🐶. mariandmonsterd@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete