Sunday, July 25, 2021

Thinking of you!



Hi, friends!

It's been awhile since I posted on my blog.  I've been busy with painting a bedroom, visiting friends, and crafting with friends!  Last weekend I crafted Friday and Saturday and made many cards.  I have two to show you today.  

For the above card,  I started with a white card base and paired it with a scallop panel that was made using a die from Mama Elephant.  I used a retired Verve stamp set for the flower images.  Ink blending for the background.  I made the frame with strips of black paper.  Gems were added to finish the card.

Next up, I made a similar card to the one seen above, but added another row of ink blending and a butterfly.  The butterfly is from Close to my Heart.  



We finally get our deck done this past week.  So happy that the rain held off until the guy got it done.  The first attempt at painting the deck looked like a salmon color.  Thank goodness he asked us if it was ok before painting the whole deck.   Anyways, the guy did a great job and it's finished.  Now if only the birds would stay off the deck with their droppings, lol!


One more photo...


It has been a wonderful season for vegetables since we have been having tropical like weather...lots of rain and hot/humid days.  Many friends are saying their gardens are full of vegetables.  My husband planted three tomato plants and they are growing very well.  I can hardly wait to have fresh tomatoes right off the vine!

Ok, that's all for now.  Thanks so much for dropping by today!  I hope you are doing well in your corner of the world!  Take care, hugs!!








10 comments:

  1. Your cards are just beautiful with the shaded panels and flowers. That's a very pretty butterfly too! I'm glad you've been visiting with friends again, that makes life seem normal again. What a gorgeous view you have from that pretty deck, wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful set of cards with beautiful block ink blending. The colours are so pretty.

    Sounds like you’re getting out and having lots of fun! Great deck and yummy veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are so contemporary with wonderful blending and colours and the silhouettes look so striking x. Great view from that great decking and Yay to those tomatoes x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! LOVE both cards Maria, the colours are gorgeous with the black inking and design. Love your deck and the beautiful scenery you have while relaxing on your deck. We have good tomatoes coming, but not changing colour!
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are fresh and lovely, Maria! Love your blending and those sweet silhouette flowers and pretty butterfly! Thanks for sharing the photos. I've heard the temps have been hot and humid so it's great that something is benefiting. Nothing better than a tomato right off the vine! And your deck is cool ~ love all that open space!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card Maria... I love the silhouettes against your lovely ink blended blocks. Your deck is terrific and what a view!!! h my that's amazing! I know what you mean about the birds though... That's why I hate the darn pigeons! Have a lovely day relaxing on your deck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous ink blending, Maria! Those vibrant colors really make the black images pop! Congrats on getting your deck finished! I'll be the perfect place to eat a vine ripened tomato!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your card is so beautiful and I love the combination of colors. Thanks for visiting my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a beautiful card. Enjoy relaxing on your deck. It’s perfect.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you've been having a fun summer, Maria! The deck looks great! I love silhouette images on an ink blended background, so these cards are right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete