Saturday, July 23, 2022

Happy Birthday!



Hi, friends!

It's been nearly a couple weeks since we returned from vacation.  I went through all the photos and printed them out.  My husband loves taking photos of anything and everything, but that's ok, because getting that one photo certainly can be worth it!  So, after the card I have to share with you today, I'll include a few more animal photos from our vacation at the end of my post.


For my card, I started with a purple card base and paired it with paper that was die cut using a new torn edge die from PI.  The text background was made using a stencil from PI, also.  The flower image is new and is from Pretty Pink Posh.  I colored the flowers with copics.  The sentiment is an older sentiment from PI.  A bow of pearl cotton tied for interest.  And, gems to finish the birthday card for a friend.  I'm entering this card over at NBUS.

Moose story...

The moose photo that my husband got was done with persistence.  And, we are happy that all turned out well.  The first day when he went to walk back to the moose pond in Grand Tetons at Jenny Lake was unsuccessful and he lost his phone.  I didn't do the walk back with him for my sciatica was acting up and I stayed back in the car.  I took my copics to color images and kept busy.  When my husband came back to the car, he said that he has good news and bad news.  He told me that he lost his phone, but someone turned it into the visitor center.  That was his good and bad news.  I said, ok, but did you get a moose photo?  By this time, we had gotten several large animal photos and wanted to get a moose one. He was upset that I wasn't more happy about him finding his phone.  He said I was more concerned about the moose.  I had to apologize and tell him that we will try again tomorrow.  Anyways, sorry about the long story, but he did get an amazing moose photo the next day!:)

Moose

 
Elk


Marmot
(Large ground squirrel)


I hope you are keeping cool!  It's been very hot all over the world.  Take care and thanks so much for dropping by today!

Hugs,








8 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful card with the pitcher of flowers, and I just love the purple colors! Good thing your hubby was able to get his phone back after all that, and those are some great photos of the animals you saw in your travels! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is such a happy design, Maria! I love the fun unique layout and your pretty coloring! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! But I hope you don't mind me saying that your critter photos stole the show! And I enjoyed the story about you and hubby and what you went through to get it! His photography is fabulous! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulois birthday card so beautifully coloured. Love that torn edge die.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Maria - I'm loving that pretty pitcher of flowers! Your story made me laugh but I'm glad your husband got his phone back and that you got the moose photo in the end - and it really is impressive! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like that torn edge look and those beautiful flowers in that lovely pitcher. If hubby lost his phone in any of that tall grass, it's a miracle someone found it! The wildlife pictures are awesome. I thought that was bigfoot at first when I saw the marmot. I guess I'm not up on critters!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! Your card is so very pretty Maria, it has such a pretty colour mix and I love the frame, in fact so much, I am going to add one to a card I have just finished that needed "something else". Thank you for that. As for your hubby I did laugh, Bless him. The photos are amazing, they could have been taken by a Professional Nature Photographer. Wonderful work from you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty bouquet, Maria! Love those flowers! Lucky your husband's phone was found and he certainly got some awesome photos! So nice to see this in the NBUS gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness--what amazing animal photos! The moose one is beyond awesome! Love your sweet card, Maria--beautiful image & coloring!

    ReplyDelete