Monday, April 10, 2023

Happy Birthday!



Hi, Friends!

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!  We had a great day with lovely weather!  Our son drove up and played the organ for the services and our organist, Sara, played along on the piano.  Many were in their Easter best with lovely outfits!  

I got out my alcohol inks and played a bit for two birthday cards due next month.  I  still have some ink along my one fingernail to prove it, lol.  So messy at times, but it's lots of fun!  The above card is for my friend, Joy.  The teal panel was embossed with a SU embossing folder.  The tulips, butterfly and sentiment are from Hero Arts.  The tulips were embossed in green and place against the AI background.  I die cut frames from MFT.  Gems from Pink Fresh Studio to finish the card. I'm entering this card over at Triple B Challenge.




Next up...


I used the same tulip images as the above card, but just stamped them on the back and fussy cut them.  I added white yarn and gems to finish the card.  This card will be going to my friend, Karen.  Joy and Karen happen to have birthdays on the same day.  How many people do you know that share your birthday?  I have a nephew and a friend who share my birthday.

Well, that's all for now.  The weather will be so lovely this week.  And, it is a welcome change!  I enjoyed a short walk with the dog earlier.  Maybe we'll get our bikes out in a few days for a bike ride.  Thanks so much for dropping by, take care!

Hugs!







7 comments:

  1. Your tulips are lovely and I especially like the green ones with their double frame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are beautiful! I love the yarn and the way you used it on that second card. Very cute idea! Pretty, pretty cards.
    So glad you had a nice Easter.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great use of those daffodils on both cards! Absolutely loving the background on the first card too! My hubs and I shared the same birthday, as did his first cousin as well as my first cousin, so we were sort of in a birthday club that was unique! Your friends will love their special cards!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tulip cards! Thanks for you sweet comment on my blog, I am your newest follower also! I am a retired nurse also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's nice that your son came and played for the service. Your cards are both lovely. The alcohol ink background is very subtle and gorgeous with those pretty embossed tulips. The second card's tulips are so amazing and the white yarn is a great contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH WOW ... these are both just beautiful my friend! Yes, it seems this year Easter was exceptionally nice for everyone I've talked to! We too were blessed to be with family and had beautiful weather! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our newest adventure - Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    Triple B
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowzer, what wonderful and very different cards. I love the colours on each one. They are gorgeous. As for birthdays the same day, I only know one and he is the husband of one of my Nieces, she says she has no excuse to forget mine. hahaha

    ReplyDelete