Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Valentines...



Hi, Friends!

How are you on this cold wintery day?  It has been wayyyy too cold for this gal.  Even our dog who usually lingers outside for awhile to check everything out hurries back inside to our warm home.  The temp here in NW Ohio is 13 degrees.  It was much colder the past couple days.  I've been staying inside and making more Valentine cards.  I've also done some cleaning and purging.

I usually ask hubby what he wants for meals for the week and he made a great suggestion of making beef stew, so that's what I made last night and I can't wait to have more of it tonight.  Hot soup always does the trick to warm you up when it's freezing outside. 

Anyways, I'd like to share with you a couple of Valentine cards that I made for my hubby and son.  The above card was made using Simon Says stamps/dies.  The mirror card stock is from Simon Says, also.  The set has so many wonderful sentiments!

Next up...



Lawn Fawn goodies were used for this Valentine card for my son.  A Tim Holtz stencil was used for the background.  The porcupine is just too cute holding the Valentine card.  I made the large heart using a punch.  

Ok, that's all for now.  Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by!  Stay warm and have a great rest of the week!

Hugs!




9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year, Maria and I hope you had a good Christmas. You are putting me to shame by getting your Valentine card done and dusted and these are two beauties! I really like the elegant romantic card for you husband - the red mirror card is so striking and the hedgie card is just so sweet and perfect for your son.
    Take care in the cold.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards! That red mirror paper is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that red mirror cardstock and so perfect for a Valentine. It is a wonderful sentiment for a great hubby too. Your son's card is a good masculine card but still sends the love. I made ham, green beans and potatoes last night and when it's gone, beef stew is next on my list. Then chicken and noodles. Those are terrific comfort foods when it's this cold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet cards Maria! Gorgeous red mirror card stock - perfect for Valentine's Day! Hugs, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are struggling with very cold weather here too. I hate it. Don't blame you for staying in. There is always plenty to do. Love these cards, you did a great job of photographing that shiny card xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute Valentine creations. I love the mirror red cardstock on the first and that little critter on the 2nd one is a hoot! It's cold here too with more snow coming in on Friday just as we're clearing off the roads with sunshine and slightly warmer temps! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Valentine cards, what stamp is that on the top one for your hubby?

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made good use of the cold weather, Maria! We were below freezing for 3 days and worried the ice would down power lines. Fortunately, our town was spared, but lots of problems north and south of us. Poor Fritz couldn't understand why he kept slipping. So different than snow! I love your Valentines! That red mirror cardstock is gorgeous! Hope you warm up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two lovely Valentine cards Maria. I particularly like the first one. xx

    ReplyDelete