Thursday, January 4, 2024

Baby Leia...



Hi, Friends!

Sweet baby Leia was born 12-10-23.  What a darling family photo of all of them.  Chase is my hubby's nephew.  The Mom is Schante.  I'm not sure when I'll see the baby maybe some time this year.  They live out west.  Anyways, a new baby in the family...so precious!

I already sent a gift card to them and wanted to get a baby afghan made before the baby shower in October, but my hand and arm wasn't cooperating.  It is much better now and I finished it yesterday evening.    And, here is the afghan...


For the afghan, I used the suzette stitch with a single crochet and a double crochet in the same stitch.  I usually make a baby afghan with the shell stitch, so I thought I'd try a new stitch.  I added a pink satin bow to finish it off.

Also, I made a quick card with the baby's name on it...




I'm entering this card over at  Time Out Challenges.




Ok, that's all for me today.  I hope you are all doing well!  Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by today!  Take care!

Hugs!








11 comments:

  1. Oh, how precious, Maria. Nothing better than a new baby in the family. The baby Afghan is so beautiful and so is your card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful baby and family. Like the gorgeous afghan and your card. Congratulations great aunt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A precious baby girl and a lovely name, with a beautiful photo, As for the afghan, it's gorgeous, with sweet baby colours, love the card too. Just 'cause they're far away, doesn't mean we can't enjoy them through photography. That's how I enjoy my family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful gift. Wish I could crochet. I once bought a set of crochet hooks thinking I would learn! Thanks for sharing that lovely family photo. Hope you get to meet the new arrival soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful addition to your family Maria! And such a lovely gift and gorgeous card you've made for her! So glad you entered our challenge at Time Out Challenges, but that's not the only reason I'm here! Your name was drawn out of my virtual hat for the prize from my blog hop last week. See my blog for details on how to claim your prize!
    Hugs, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful picture & what a beautiful afghan, Maria! I used to make baby afghans, but it was a long time ago. Sweet card to go with it, too. So happy you were able to comment on my blog & maybe it will continue. Never know about technology--haha! Great you've joined the gallery at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! What a precious way to close out 2023 and start the new year.
    The afghan looks awesome and so does the card. Perfect for the TO challenge. 👏
    Hope your year is off to a great start.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful blessing for your extended family. The afghan and card will be treasured I'm sure. TFS the wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a precious gift for your family. The afghan is beautiful and looks so soft. That is a pretty stitch you used. The card is so sweet and I love her name. I hope your hand and arm are okay now. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful post Maria. Your creations are truly wonderful and your new baby Leia in the family is adorable. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet gift and card for the new baby! Congratulations! Thanks for playing along with us at Time Out Challenges!

    ReplyDelete