Thursday, August 2, 2012

Thank you...

Hi Friends,

Just an update on my back condition.  I got an MRI last week and saw the doctor
yesterday.  I have two bulging discs in my back.  It was not what I wanted to
hear to say the least.  I work as a nurse.  My boss is great in accomodating my
condition.  My co-workers are wonderful also.  I'm sure they will help me when
needed regarding lifting.  I feel as if my world is turned upside down.  Also, the
doctor told me not to bowl this season.  I am an avid bowler.  I have bowled for
years.  My teammates and I go to at least two bowling tournaments every year. 

Anyways, I know I must care for my back and heal.   I need to concentrate on
healing and getting better.   And, I certainly know it could be worse.  So, please
continue to  keep me in thought and prayer!  I thank you for your support...
blogging friends....take care, hugs!!!

9 comments:

  1. Maria, I will be sure to keep you in my prayers! Not even sure what to say, but I'm sure it is frustrating to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch....i have a herniated disc so I understand the discomfort. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie what a blow ! it's not what you wanted to hear at all.
    I am so sorry you are having so much trouble and so much pain, and I am sad that you will not be able to bowl this season.
    How nice of your workmates to help, that is so kind of them.
    Take care my friend, let it heal , it will take time but its important.
    I will be thinking of you Big Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Maria - I did not know you had back problems. No not good news and I know that you will do what you have to do to heal. Having just broken my hip, I know what physical pain and not being up to par physically is like. Do keep us up to date!!!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Maria, I really feel bad for you. I'm sure it will change the way you do things. Take care and know you're in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers, Maria! Take every precaution where the back is concerned! Rest when needed...and I'm sure it's hard, but don't stand all day! Please take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO sorry for your news, Maria! I know how much back pain hurts! :( Such a bummer about the bowling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no Maria, I'm so sorry you are suffering from this. I hurt my back a few years ag, I couldnt drive for two months, do the laundry, or empty the dishwasher and putting socks on was a nightmare. I really hope it heals soon, I know how horrible back pain is, and how it can ruin all aspects of life. Take care! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maria, take care of yourself! Back problems are so awful!

    ReplyDelete