Friday, August 24, 2012

Wish Big!

Hi there!

How are you doing today?  I had some craft
fun last night and wanted to share this card
I made for my niece, Sophia.  She turns eight
next month.  I couldn't resist buying this stamp
because her name is Sophie, and isn't she sweet?!
I thought she would be perfect for my darling
little niece's birthday card!  You can check
out all the little sweet stamps and yummy ribbon
over at Paper Sweeties!  I'm entering this card
for the challenge over at The Shabby Tea Room.

Here is the lovely inspiration photo....


I handmade a crocheted flower, which I still
need practice with, but practice makes perfect!
So, here is a closer view of the crocheted flower...


Ok, so you are saying where are the petals...ummm
....I tried...hehehe!  And, I'll try again!  I do so much
better when someone shows me in person!  My sis
taught me how to crochet many years ago when I was
twelve.  I've since made many afghans, scarves, and
one sweater attempt, which I never wore...lol! 

Anyways, I added yummy ribbon from Paper Sweeties
with a pretty brad over the flower.  I got out my copic
markers and colored little Sophie.  Gems and sewing
were added to finish the card.  Hope you are getting
your craft on and having lots of fun!  Thanks so much
for dropping by today!  Take care, hugs!

Supplies: 

Paper:  Anna Griffin(damask), Recollections
Stamp:  Sophie(Paper Sweeties), sentiments(Paper Sweeties)
Ink:  SU(Black)
Doily:  Jo-Ann Fabric
Gems:  Paper Studio
Brad:  K&Company
Ribbon:  Paper Sweeties
Twine:  PTI
Crochet Flower:  handmade
Copics:  RV02, RV04, E11, E00, R20Y11, YU04, Y35

17 comments:

  1. Very sweet, Maria! Love the pattern paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so sweet and cute, Maria! Love your background with the doily and the gorgeous flower and bow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, Maria! Love your flower and bow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria, oooh that ribbon is gorgeous, I love how lovely the bow look and little Sophie is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the sweetest image which of course you've colored up beautifully. Your niece will loooove this card.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card for your niece Maria! I love the soft papers and sweet crochet flower, so pretty for a little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaahh that image is adorable Maria.. A really pretty card, your niece willlove it.

    Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Maria, Sophia is just adorable. Your crochet flowers looks great! I tried to crochet a few months back ...took forever, then a friend offered to make the doilies for me, I haven't tried again, since I still have a huge amount in my stash! your niece is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maria this is so pretty what a super girly image and a fabulous bow well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness ... how adorable is little Sophie dressed in her party dress and ready for a birthday celebration! You created a fun and whimsical card with the Paper Sweeties sets and I am sure your niece will love the handmade with love card from her Auntie! Thanks for sharing your inspiration with us in the Tea Room, Maria!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so sweet, Maria! Sophia is going to love this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So adorable! Thanks for playing along with The Shabby Tearoom this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How sweet! I love that you made it extra special with a hand-crocheted flower. I keep saying I'm going to crochet up a batch, but never get around to it. Yours is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweet card for your niece. I love that ribbon/brad treatement and you did a great job with the crocheting...something I never mastered.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Maria, you are brave to crochet that FAB flower! That's on my to do list to learn! LOVE that darling Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Aw! Love the little rosy cheeks on Sophie! Adorable for your sweet niece. Love that crocheted flower, too - great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am gonna try to wish big!! love that button in the bow!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete