Monday, August 20, 2012

Happy Fall!


Hi there!

I'm already feeling the crispness of the fall air even though the
calendar still says summer.  I just returned from a bike ride, and I
I wished I would have had a sweater on!  I wanted to give a little
something to a co-worker, so I came up with this little project today.
I already had the library card, so all I had to do was "pretty" it up a little.
I made a tag for the inside.....


My sewing machine was not cooperating, so the sewing is off a bit...grrrrr!
I had fun distressing the leaves with Tim Holtz inks and fussy cut them.  The
large cream leaf is from an EK punch.  I added a button with twine and brads.
I wanted to add some ribbon, but it just didn't look right.  Oh, how I love
seam binding ribbon, so I did add some on the tag!:-)  What fall projects are
you working on?

Well, I must scoot to do my back exercises.  My back is doing better and
I'm doing exercises to strengthen my core.  I used to do back exercises long ago,
but got away from it.  I've had back surgery in the past.  I guess I thought
I was still young that I didn't need to do them.  But, my age is catching
up with me...sigh.  Isn't it tough getting old??  The good thing is that
I am feeling better!  And, I thank so many of you who have given me
support!  Take care and have a wonderful week, hugs!

Supplies:

Paper:  Kraft Outlet, Bazzill
Library Card:  Kraft Outlet
Ink:  SU(Choc. Chip) Tea Dye, Fired Brick
        Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade(Tim Holtz)
Stamps:  Stampabilities
Punch:  EK
Burlap:  Pat Cataan's
Button:  My Stash
Twine:  PTI
Brads:  My Stash
Ribbon:  SU(Vanilla)

10 comments:

  1. Cute project! Love the burlap behind the leaves.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maria, I am so happy you are feeling better! Back pain is a real pain in the neck...:)!
    I love you fall pocket card and tag! Beautiful burlap and leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a cute set! I am so ready for fall. Hope your back continues to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the burlap. And, your stitches look great even if the machine is acting up.

    I've been feeling Fall in the air, too. Although, I'm not ready for summer to be gone..it's my favorite time of year.

    I'm so happy to hear your back is doing better...keep up those exercises!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW what spectacular texture, Maria! Great colors and love the pocket idea!TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an adorable pocket card, Maria! I sooooo love Fall, and am looking forward to the crisp weather and everything that goes with it. The leaves on here are gorgeous! Love the combo of plain and colored leaves here, and really love the burlap and brads. Adds such amazing texture!
    Glad to hear you are doing a bit better! Seems like recovery goes so much more slowly as we age, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even of your sewing machine is off its a gorgeous card Maria!!! I love the leaves and the burlap just beautiful!!!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad the exercises are helping you feel better, Maria. Sigh. I'm not much of an exerciser at heart, but it is truly good for all of us, isn't it?

    Love how you dressed up this library card! You have me thinking of (and pining for) fall now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is just gorgeous Maria! I love the burlap texture, and the purple and orange colours together! A gorgeous fall card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad to hear that you are feeling better! This project is so cool! I love the burlap and brads. I just started using burlap, myself, and am loving it (well, all except for all the hairs it leaves everywhere)! ;)

    ReplyDelete