Saturday, August 4, 2012

Happy Birthday!


Hi Friends!

*Just a reminder before this Friday, August 10th, please leave a comment
for my blog candy!  Good luck!*


I just wanted to share a simple birthday card I made for my nephew, Curtis.
Here is a photo of Curtis and me at his first year birthday party last year.


 He's a little sweetheart!  And, he is a big boy!  I would not be able to
carry him around for very long.  He lives about two hours away, so
we don't see him very often.  They grow up so fast.  I miss him, the
little darling!

Speaking of children, I'm an aunt again!  My sister just told me today
that she is a Grandma once again.  She has four grandchildren now.
Her son Tim and daughter-in-law, Lydia, welcomed a little girl into the
world today.  What a blessing!  I'm going to have to get my back into
shape to carry and hold these little ones...hehehe! 

Well, I think I'll go and watch some olympics before going to bed.
Aren't they exciting?!  I love watching all the sports for the olympics.
I can't really say I have a favorite one to watch.  Do you have a
favorite one?  Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I appreciate
all your support and sweet comments!  Take care, hugs!!!

Supplies:

Paper:  Recollections, DCWV
Stamp:  SU
Ink:  SU(Black)
Twine:  Martha Stewart
Accessories:  Cricut, dimensionals

14 comments:

  1. I'm watching some of those Olympics right now ;). What a precious picture, Maria! And such a sweet card for a sweet boy! It's just perfect! Oh! And congrats, Auntie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun birthday card for your ittle nephew, Maria. The colors are so fun and I love how you dressed up the crayons with bakers twine. Have a great rest of your weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh Maria! such a Darling Birthday card! So bright and Cheery! And what a Cutie your Nephew is too! And Congrats on being a New Auntie again too! Wow! So many blessing! 8-) So Wonderful to hear! 8-)

    Hugs & Happy Sunday!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maria reading your post you sound more cheerful today and I hope that is so.
    Your photo is fabulous and isn't your nephew adorable. Congratulations on being an aunt again.
    I don't have a favourite sport to watch but I do like all the finishes, they have been so exciting the last few days.
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silly me got carried away and didnt say about your fabulous card, super idea with the crayons and its a fabulous card well, done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made a fab card for a gorgeous birthday boy. Well done; I loved to have a look at you and your nephew. He's soooo cute and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an adorable card! Congrats on being an aunt again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your birthday card is really very nice but not as gorgeous as that little hunk on your lap!!! Take good care and I hope you back mends soon.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am enjoying the Olympics too!!!
    What a sweet little man you are holding on your lap, Maria! Great card you created for him!!! Love the crayon idea! Congrats on the new little one in the family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww, what a sweet birthday card and what a sweet little baby! :) Those crayons are just perfect for a 2-year-old's birthday. Love the layered numbers, too.
    I've been loving the Olympics, too. Volleyball has been my favorite..both team and beach Volleyball. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gotgeous pic of you and your nephew Maria!
    Gorgeous card too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet card Maria!! Love the picture of you two so cute!! Can you believe I haven't watched any of the olympics...to busy I will have to work at seeing some soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Maria, what a darling nephew...he's just the cutest. Don't you just love them to pieces?
    Congrats on being an Aunt again...such excitment in your life.

    Your card is adorable and so colorful..just perfect for a two year old.

    I am afraid I hardly have seen any of the Olympics...too busy, and that's a shame as I always enjoy them.
    Hope your bulging discs are not giving you so much pain these days.
    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a clever card, Maria! LOVE the 2 and the candles! PS He's adorable!

    ReplyDelete