Thursday, January 29, 2015

MIM #199: Confetti Garland

 
Hi there!
 
How are you on this fine Thursday morning?  I'd like to share with you a card I made for the challenge over at Papertrey Ink.  The theme is to make a confetti garland.  I got out my sparkle and shine kit and went to work.  Great patience was needed for the garland...whew!  Stringing all those tiny sequins was fun, but tedious.  And, would I do it again...yes!:-)  I just love the dimension and "fun" look of the garland, which matches perfectly with the sequin paper! 
 
Everything on the card is from PTI except for the silver thread.  For the love die, I stacked two pink and one blue for added dimension.  Three little sequins were added to the heart.  And, there you have it, my confetti garland card!
 
Thanks so much for taking a peek at my card today!  Have a great day and take care!
 
Hugs,
Maria

17 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card. I love how you used that sequin paper--matches your garland perfectly. And, all together, it makes a fantastic valentine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a whole lot of sequins, and they look amazing! I just love this sweet confetti garland technique.
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic idea to use the sequined patterned paper with the sequin garland!! Such a fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria, this is so beautiful! We were both feeling rainbow-y this week! :o) Your confetti garland is stunning! The tedious work was well worth it! The LOVE atop the heart is such a gorgeous focal point and is complete perfection with that paper. Such a pretty card as always, my friend! Have a happy day. :o)

    Hugs and blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun card! Love the bright colors and garland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maria, your garland banner is perfect against that confetti paper. The heart fits perfectly, and I love the LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a pretty card with such fun colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, wow! I love this cheerful, colorful card and what a wonderful garland. I can imagine it was time consuming. The dimension on your sentiment looks great.
    It's a super card, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fun and pretty card! I love both the real sequins AND the stamped sequins!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trendy, festive, beautiful! What a fabulous card, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so darling! Did you stamp the sequin paper? It's just perfect for this fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Terrific card!! That garland reminds me of the necklaces we got as children ... each 'bead' was a sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow Maria.....your card is fabulous! So creative, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMGosh, brilliant! Absolutely LOVE your confetti garland, Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fantastic confetti garland Maria! Love the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fun and festive card! Love the garland and the cluster of sequins in the middle!

    ReplyDelete